I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for three nights this September, while attending a conference at the hotel. I was very pleased with the location. It is perched right at the end of the Nicollet Mall at the edge of the park, so that you are just a short walk from each. It seems to be fairly expensive to take a cab from the airport to anywhere in downtown Minneapolis. At this location you are really not far from the public transport hub on Nicollet and from there you can get to the airport for a few dollars. If you don’t mind walking just a bit – I’d recommend this option.
The staff was typically Minnesotan--ridiculously friendly and helpful across the board. My room was huge, modern and clean and the WiFi worked very well throughout the hotel. I didn’t get to use the pool – but it looked lovely. From the hallways some rooms look down on the pool's interior courtyard. Most impressive for me was the massive entry lobby with a warm wood décor and a constant blazing fireplace. The design hit a contemporary note while still maintaining a certain Minneapolis vibe. It was not too clubby, and not trying to hard to look too slick. (I’d stayed previously at the Minneapolis W, which perhaps strayed to far in the night-club direction)
It’s a big hotel overall, and aside from the lobby – it does maintain a kind of “Anywhere, USA” vibe. Sometimes this is what you want in a hotel – particularly for conference – so I think it served its job quite well.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis On Nicollet Mall
- Hyatt Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel located in the heart of downtown on Nicollet Mall. Connected by climate-controlled skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center, downtown restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The Hotel completed an extensive renovation in May of 2012. This renovation features new guest rooms and a completely transformed lobby and Food and Beverage options. Including Prairie Kitchen and Bar, an upscale bar/restaurant, and expansive marketplace for grab and go items as well as sundries. Hotel features an extensive StayFit fitness facility and over 74,000 sq. feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt Regency Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.