My family planned a spur of the moment Labor Day weekend trip to Minneapolis. How lucky we were to find rooms at the Hyatt! My husband and I stayed here about 5 years ago and since then the hotel has been completely remodeled and updated. The lobby is beautiful with a huge fireplace which would have been a great place to sit by and enjoy a drink and conversation had it not been 90+ degrees outside! The rooms were very clean with ample drawers and closet space if you chose to unpack your suitcase. Large flat screen tv and Ipod docking alarm clock were very nice. The room wasn't super huge--be careful for the foot stool in front of the chair at night! My husband got out of bed in the middle of the night, tripped over the footstool and now has a bruise on his hip to remember the weekend by! Needless to say, we moved it out of the way our second night there! The Hyatt is located on the Nicollett mall and is within easy walking distance to many restaurants, bars, shopping and the light rail. We took the light rail to the Mall of America--much easier than getting the car out of the parking garage and driving ourselves! There is a restaurant/bar on site, as well a market type place where you can get coffee, soda, pastries, sandwiches, etc. on the run. Hotel guests have access to the athletic club/gym on the 6th floor that has a pool, treadmills, ellipticals, weights, basketball court, etc. There is not hot tub--a little disappointing, but not a huge deal for us.
All in all, we were very pleased with our Hyatt experience and will definitely stay here again when our travels take us to Minneapolis!
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis On Nicollet Mall
- Hyatt Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel located in the heart of downtown on Nicollet Mall. Connected by climate-controlled skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center, downtown restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The Hotel completed an extensive renovation in May of 2012. This renovation features new guest rooms and a completely transformed lobby and Food and Beverage options. Including Prairie Kitchen and Bar, an upscale bar/restaurant, and expansive marketplace for grab and go items as well as sundries. Hotel features an extensive StayFit fitness facility and over 74,000 sq. feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt Regency Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.