“poor service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown

You added Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454 (Formerly Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
rice lake
“poor service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Did not get room asked for as in we had a pull out bed in lie of 2 queens. Also got woken up by housekeeping to clean out room, they actually opened the door. Then they disturbed us again 2 hrs later. And room service food was not prepared as asked.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chisholm, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Minneapolis Downtown for one night because of a wedding in the area. Overall, I had a pleasant experience.

The Good:
1 The décor was modern and seems to have been recently updated.
2 The hotel service was very good. They were friendly and I felt welcomed. They also got us in our room at 12:00 which is awesome!!
3 The location is also a plus for somebody who wants to access the sights. You are within walking distance to several restaurants and bars and when the new Metrodome is complete. It is easy access to I-35 and you can see it from the freeway.
4: The hotel had a small shop where you could purchase soda, other beverages, and some frozen foods.
The Bad:
1 There isn't any complimentary breakfast offered at this hotel. The Bistro offers Starbucks Coffee and a breakfast though.
2 The roof in the pool area was leaking, making it drip into the pool. I had told the front desk about this issue, and they were very nice about it and made sure that it was going to get repaired.
3 You have to pay $17.00 to park here, and valet service is $25.00, although it is understandable for this area.

The Courtyard is overall a good choice when looking for a hotel in Minneapolis.

Room Tip: Might be worth asking for a suite if you're staying here for more than 2 nights. These rooms are...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Castle Rock, CO.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel for business more than 100 nights per year. I am a loyal Marriott traveler. I have recently been in a courtship with another Hotel brand that offered me Gold status so that I could take their properties for a 'test drive'. For the past 4 weeks I have stayed at the other brand in 7 different cities, in 4 different States. So this was my first time back at s Marriott property in a while, and what a relief. This hotel is one of my favorite hotels within the 18 States that I travel. Here are the things that I expect and this hotel delivers on them all: Clean rooms with modern decor & amenities, a comfortable, large work area/desk, a large TV w/ HDMI hookups, a bathroom with plenty of room on the vanity, a modern shower, and a safe in the room. The beds in this Courtyard are far superior to the "dream" mattresses in the other hotel brand.

The restaurant is your typical Courtyard Bistro, but what makes it unique is how large it is. The bar/bistro area is great for relaxing or meeting up with colleges. But the kicker here is the HUGE TV area with "theater style" seating. The evening I was there they had a playoff hockey game on the TV & the atmosphere in the room was awesome. There are a couple of restaurants & bars right next to the hotel if you want to venture out.

The only drawback that I had was the new Valet parking company. You can sell park onsite or use the valet. I choose the valet and was completely underwhelmed by their performance. I was given a business card with a cell phone number in it and told to call or text 10-15 minutes before I came down for the car. Day 1 I sent a text at 8:15 letting them know I would be down at 8:30. I arrived at 8:35 after waiting in line for Starbucks (no complaints about the line) and not only was my car not ready, they claimed they never received my text. Although I received a text reply saying my car would be ready. Yeah, I was confused too... Day 2 I sent a text at 8:45 advising that I was on the way down. Again, no car and the only young man that I saw working seemed in no hurry to retrieve my car even though I had given them 15 minutes...I know the valet company is not operated by this Courtyard but unfortunately they are a reflection of the hotel. The valet company should have the same level of customer service and professionalism that the Courtyard does. I'm thinking on my next stay, I will just self park. BUT, I really enjoy this hotel, the property and most importantly, the wonderful staff!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel is located in an area called 7 points and is very convenient to the downtown area. They have a free shuttle that will take you to particular areas nearby. The rooms are nice, very comfortable bed, and included a small refrigerator. I thought elite members had complimentary water in the room, but I may be confusing this with Starwood hotels. The only issue I had was with the water pressure in the shower. If someone flushed a toilet nearby (which you could hear in the pipes), the water in the shower would shut off for a second. Thankfully it always came back on, but it was a bit annoying. Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Duluth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently stayed for a work conference and loved it so much I had to stay a couple weeks later with my significant other. The views of downtown can't be beat. I used to live in uptown Mpls and have always been fond of this area. I love that there is so much culture, many restaurants and full of the richness of Mpls history right here. I have to tell you another selling point was the care and time taken by David 'Dee' Kurtz (I believe the Manager) to make sure that every single detail was met to my liking and each time he and the hotel exceeded my expectations. He was professional, personable and hospitable. Hotel bonus: starbucks, bar and restarant on site. The bar serves locally loved surly and summit. I had the shrimp postickers that were delicious. Some room tips: city views from the 7th floor up are amazing. If you are going as a couple the corner rooms facing downtown are probably the best (request one). What is not romantic about the Mpls skyline lit up at night? I live in Duluth now, this is my new go to place for when I need some city time. Thanks to the helpful courtyard staff for two very enjoyable stays!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Manassas Park, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

This Marriott met our specific needs for our funeral trip to Minneapolis. When you just want a clean bed and no hassle bar and place to eat it's perfect. Due to our traveling while in grief and terrible experience provided by US Airways/ American Airlines it was nice to walk into the hotel and grab a drink right in the lobby. The bartenders were pleasant and human which was a nice touch. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable and the staff were not at all pushy or rude they were just pleasant. During the day I walked in the general area to see what was around. I walked to get my kid a shirt from University of Minnesota bookstore because the weather was perfect for walking. There are plenty of options in walking distance to this hotel for food and drink if you are wanting to venture out. I do agree with someone else who did say if they had a complimentary coffee bar which I have seen other Marriott's offer that would be the one thing that I would add.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights on business. Very clean and new. Room was quite. Checking in was easy. Gym was good with a nice view of the city. Good food close by. Parking was a little pricy but expected for the location. I will stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!