“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown

You added Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454 (Formerly Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is located in an area called 7 points and is very convenient to the downtown area. They have a free shuttle that will take you to particular areas nearby. The rooms are nice, very comfortable bed, and included a small refrigerator. I thought elite members had complimentary water in the room, but I may be confusing this with Starwood hotels. The only issue I had was with the water pressure in the shower. If someone flushed a toilet nearby (which you could hear in the pipes), the water in the shower would shut off for a second. Thankfully it always came back on, but it was a bit annoying. Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Duluth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed for a work conference and loved it so much I had to stay a couple weeks later with my significant other. The views of downtown can't be beat. I used to live in uptown Mpls and have always been fond of this area. I love that there is so much culture, many restaurants and full of the richness of Mpls history right here. I have to tell you another selling point was the care and time taken by David 'Dee' Kurtz (I believe the Manager) to make sure that every single detail was met to my liking and each time he and the hotel exceeded my expectations. He was professional, personable and hospitable. Hotel bonus: starbucks, bar and restarant on site. The bar serves locally loved surly and summit. I had the shrimp postickers that were delicious. Some room tips: city views from the 7th floor up are amazing. If you are going as a couple the corner rooms facing downtown are probably the best (request one). What is not romantic about the Mpls skyline lit up at night? I live in Duluth now, this is my new go to place for when I need some city time. Thanks to the helpful courtyard staff for two very enjoyable stays!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Manassas Park, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Marriott met our specific needs for our funeral trip to Minneapolis. When you just want a clean bed and no hassle bar and place to eat it's perfect. Due to our traveling while in grief and terrible experience provided by US Airways/ American Airlines it was nice to walk into the hotel and grab a drink right in the lobby. The bartenders were pleasant and human which was a nice touch. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable and the staff were not at all pushy or rude they were just pleasant. During the day I walked in the general area to see what was around. I walked to get my kid a shirt from University of Minnesota bookstore because the weather was perfect for walking. There are plenty of options in walking distance to this hotel for food and drink if you are wanting to venture out. I do agree with someone else who did say if they had a complimentary coffee bar which I have seen other Marriott's offer that would be the one thing that I would add.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 3 nights on business. Very clean and new. Room was quite. Checking in was easy. Gym was good with a nice view of the city. Good food close by. Parking was a little pricy but expected for the location. I will stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This site was chosen by the wedding party I was part of, but turned out to fit all of my needs quite well. The neighborhood is trendy rehabbed area near the location of the football stadium. The hotel was well appointed, and the surrounding area turned out to quite entertaining with place like Sargent Preston's, and Towne Hall Brewery. The unattached parking was a bit frustrating, but have dealt with far worse such situations just requires more logistical planning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall, very nice hotel. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. I did want to specifically commend that staff at the Cafe/Starbucks. I stayed at your hotel for two nights. The first morning I was there, I went down and ordered a drink from the Starbucks, which they provided quickly. The next morning I went down and the same woman was working and remembered my order from the morning before. Very impressive after just one time. On top of that, all the other staff I encountered were very friendly.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

Every staff member with whom I interacted was friendly and helpful. The front desk receptionist accommodated my room request and helpfully advised that I unload the luggage from my car before parking it in the ramp because there’s no direct access to the hotel from the ramp. (It’s a quick but frigid walk when the winter winds are blowing.) The coffee bar staff cheerfully took my breakfast order and delivered it quickly to my table. My room was clean and acceptable but was dimly lit and probably not quite worth the $160 that I paid. Charging an additional $18 to park for the night was a bit excessive. More annoying was the $20 charge that was temporarily, and without my permission, added to my credit card for several days. I was told the charge is “standard procedure,” just in case I owed the hotel money, but that makes no sense because I paid the bill in full before I departed.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
I really appreciate your feedback and am delighted to hear that you had friendly service during your stay with us. With a spirit to serve - my team takes great pride in exceeding expectations. There were a couple items that kept your stay from being great however - and I am very sorry for that. Being a downtown hotel is certainly convenient for many – unfortunately parking for most downtown properties comes at a price and we are no exception. The temporary hold on your card was to ensure your card is valid and gave you the ability to charge items to your room. I am sorry for the inconvenience and apologize the temporary hold was not disclosed to you at check-in. Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward in sharing with my team.

Phil Johnson - GM

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!