“Convenient for our stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown

You added Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454 (Formerly Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Manassas Park, Virginia
“Convenient for our stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Marriott met our specific needs for our funeral trip to Minneapolis. When you just want a clean bed and no hassle bar and place to eat it's perfect. Due to our traveling while in grief and terrible experience provided by US Airways/ American Airlines it was nice to walk into the hotel and grab a drink right in the lobby. The bartenders were pleasant and human which was a nice touch. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable and the staff were not at all pushy or rude they were just pleasant. During the day I walked in the general area to see what was around. I walked to get my kid a shirt from University of Minnesota bookstore because the weather was perfect for walking. There are plenty of options in walking distance to this hotel for food and drink if you are wanting to venture out. I do agree with someone else who did say if they had a complimentary coffee bar which I have seen other Marriott's offer that would be the one thing that I would add.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 3 nights on business. Very clean and new. Room was quite. Checking in was easy. Gym was good with a nice view of the city. Good food close by. Parking was a little pricy but expected for the location. I will stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This site was chosen by the wedding party I was part of, but turned out to fit all of my needs quite well. The neighborhood is trendy rehabbed area near the location of the football stadium. The hotel was well appointed, and the surrounding area turned out to quite entertaining with place like Sargent Preston's, and Towne Hall Brewery. The unattached parking was a bit frustrating, but have dealt with far worse such situations just requires more logistical planning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, very nice hotel. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. I did want to specifically commend that staff at the Cafe/Starbucks. I stayed at your hotel for two nights. The first morning I was there, I went down and ordered a drink from the Starbucks, which they provided quickly. The next morning I went down and the same woman was working and remembered my order from the morning before. Very impressive after just one time. On top of that, all the other staff I encountered were very friendly.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Every staff member with whom I interacted was friendly and helpful. The front desk receptionist accommodated my room request and helpfully advised that I unload the luggage from my car before parking it in the ramp because there’s no direct access to the hotel from the ramp. (It’s a quick but frigid walk when the winter winds are blowing.) The coffee bar staff cheerfully took my breakfast order and delivered it quickly to my table. My room was clean and acceptable but was dimly lit and probably not quite worth the $160 that I paid. Charging an additional $18 to park for the night was a bit excessive. More annoying was the $20 charge that was temporarily, and without my permission, added to my credit card for several days. I was told the charge is “standard procedure,” just in case I owed the hotel money, but that makes no sense because I paid the bill in full before I departed.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I really appreciate your feedback and am delighted to hear that you had friendly service during your stay with us. With a spirit to serve - my team takes great pride in exceeding expectations. There were a couple items that kept your stay from being great however - and I am very sorry for that. Being a downtown hotel is certainly convenient for many – unfortunately parking for most downtown properties comes at a price and we are no exception. The temporary hold on your card was to ensure your card is valid and gave you the ability to charge items to your room. I am sorry for the inconvenience and apologize the temporary hold was not disclosed to you at check-in. Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward in sharing with my team.

Phil Johnson - GM
Whitefish, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

My associate picked this hotel because of its location and we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was freshly updated and the rooms and public spaces were in great shape. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast is not included. Instead, there is a small Starbucks coffee bar that sells breakfast and lunch options. The food was served quickly and was quite good. We will definitely stay there again for our next trip to MSP. Also, lots of restaurants in the neighborhood!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

We chose to stay here for the location...just steps out the door to some fun restaurants and pubs. Our room was spacious and clean (though no hairdryer in the bathroom) and our daughter loved the pool (it has a neat metal liner design and clean surrounding). We found the staff to be friendly; especially in the bar/restaurant area. Negatives are nothing complimentary in the morning - not even a coffee in the lobby, free wifi is available but it didn't work all that well, and parking at $17/day is pretty steep. I would stay here again and I recommend it to travelers.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!