“Nice since remodeled” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454 (Formerly Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #16 of 48 hotels in Minneapolis
Sacramento, California
“Nice since remodeled”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here two nights on my last business trip. Nicely remodeled since my last stay two years ago.
The staff were quite friendly and check in was quick. I stayed on the seventh floor, away from the elevators and vending. Room was spacious and quiet. No view but I didn't care. The only annoying thing was the lighting. Very dim which I hate. Plenty of outlets to charge phones, iPad, computer, etc.
No room service. With plenty of restaurants, who cares. Also, there is a bistro in the lobby; I can't comment as I did not eat in the bistro but the menu seemed good.
Plenty of computers I the lobby to use for airline check in.
Small pantry with drinks, snacks, microwave foods, ice cream, etc. Expensive, though.
Note: cab fare from airport is $50 with tip. Try the light rail instead. Only a few block walk and much cheaper.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I needed a hotel for one night while visiting the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus. I didn't want to spend a lot, but needed a good location since I'm not familiar with the area and did not want to drive around much. Other reviews for this hotel were accurate, very helpful!

If you want to be close to campus, like great pub food and beer, and don't mind a basic yet good restaurant breakfast, this is a great choice. It was all these things, plus very clean, modern and fairly easy to get to. Parking seemed high at $17/night though the U of M discount was fairly generous, so I was fine paying it. The front desk service was superb, answering all our questions and showing sincere concern when we asked for a BandAid.

We had dinner directly across the street at Republic, and it was awesome. We had breakfast in the hotel. They have a Starbucks, and offer things like fruit & yogurt cups to eggs with the works. We had a drink at the bar and the bar staff were very friendly and offered us samples of the local beers.

The only negative for me was no fan in the bathroom. There were 4 of us taking showers and a fan would have been nice.

If my daughter attends the University, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ninth floor room had a decent view over to the University. It seems the "corner" rooms wou...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Poynette, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms are very comfortable, clean and quiet. Check-in was quick and the front desk staff was helpful with questions about restaurants and activities. We were in town for a wedding and the rates were very reasonable. There are several restaurants very close. The only negative is that the hotel charges $17 a night for parking in an adjoining city ramp, but there is no guarantee you will be able to find a parking place even though you are charged for one.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had booked two weeks prior for three nights. I show up at 11pm and I was informed that they gave away my room. I kid you not. Manager was useless and offered no help in getting anything beyond a single night in another random hotel. I've never even heard of that happening before.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dick T, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I would like to sincerely apologize for the poor welcome you received and invite you to call if you like so I may personally convey my regret. I do hope to speak with you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding . Price was fantastic, close to lots of activities and the University. Rooms were clean and modern. Only drawback was the parking but for a downtown hotel it was okay

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a premier member of Marriott, was I surprised by the sheer size of the 'King Suite' rooms which are on the end of each floor. I asked the front desk if the building had been renovated or if it was newly constructed - renovated was the answer. Needless to say, my King Suite room had a very large and spacious living room with a lot of windows and the bedroom was exceptionally large. This location is right near the U of M, walking distance to downtown (maybe a littel bit of a trek) down Washington Avenue.

Room Tip: Near several pubs, little 'feet' from the entrance, this hotel is in a good location. You c...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was our first time ever visiting MN, we stayed here during our business trip. We absolutely loved the view from our room on the 13th floor! We loved that we could see the beautiful city! Food, gas etc was very convenient to where we were staying. If you love Chipotle or bars etc you'll love staying here because it's within walking distance. The hotel was super nice, the staff was friendly. Only thing I didn't like was that we had to pay for parking AND share the parking garage with the people next door in the apartments. They had a huge party on the top deck and the parking was FULL so no one had a place to park even though they were GUEST at the hotel. I thought that was a but ridiculous. People PAY good money to park there and they couldn't even park at the hotel that they paid good money at. I wasn't too happy about that. They need to work on better parking. Other than the parking issue everything was wonderful! Staff, rooms were nice and clean, the shower was super big which I loved! Would definitely recommend staying here!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!