“Wonderful Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454 (Formerly Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My partner and I stayed here recently for our 1 year anniversary. They recently renovated, and the rooms are gorgeous. I say this as someone who loves hotels, and has stayed in some that are supposedly "nicer" than this one, but which have outdated decor. No such issues here! The bedrooms are so stylish, comfortable, and beautiful. The bathrooms are a little on the small side, but they make up for that by being spotless and having a lot of very fluffy towels. The internet is both free and fast, which was a huge plus for us! I couldn't avoid comparing this hotel with the Hilton Garden Inn, which is in somewhat of the same league. I will say that the rooms at the Courtyard are much, much better, but their breakfast is less extensive. I really longed for a buffet breakfast in the morning, but I will say that the food they do have at "The Bistro" is good. I just wish that there were some more options - and that they didn't have limited hours - and that is the only reason that I gave this hotel 4 instead of 5 stars.

The service, however, definitely deserves 5 stars! Everyone was helpful and accommodating. The housekeeping staff were fantastic!

We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We chose a room that was on a higher floor, and so had no noise issues. For added comfort, get the K...

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Nice hotel in a somewhat dumpy if "up and coming" neighborhood right next to the west campus of the Univ. of Minnesota. But the best access to all areas of the twin cities. I had reunions in Roseville, at the same time as sightseeing in Minneapolis and I was right next to the highway and within 20 minutes of all major attractions and where I had to be. Highly recommended just for location alone.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dick T, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for the endorsement and for your business!
Choose us for the location, enjoy our top-ranking Bistro and gain Marriott Rewards Points for use on free stays at Marriott Hotels & Resorts around the world. We look forward to your next visit.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It was a great stay. It was a beautiful, stylish room. This was not a hotel in need of an update. The rooms were spotless, the lobby was beautiful and the people very friendly and helpful. It was quiet and felt like we had the floor to ourselves.

The only drawback to this hotel is that you do pay for parking and it was $17 a day So if we were there for a week or so it would really add up. Other than that we were pleased.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dick T, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you so much for your review! Yes, we are brand new, having recently completed a $17 million renovation. The adjacent parking facility is a public garage and we are happy to have ample parking available. The $17 cost is very competitive for the downtown market. There is alternative parking available at a lower rate however it is surface parking and a short walk from our front door. We appreciate your comments and your business and look forward to serving you again soon.
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

When I booked here, I wasn't expecting too much—I thought it would be clean, comfy and have necessary amenities. And I wasn't disappointed. But I was pleased to find that it was, well, just a bit nicer than the usual place. Everything seems to be done with just a tad more attention to detail.

When you check in, the desk isn't monolithic; it's got stations. The person checking you in steps out from behind the station to hand you your key and point the way. It was a simple, but effective, change; I immediately felt welcome. The staff are very courteous, and their smiles seem genuine. There are many wonderful dining options right nearby; a great brewpub is right next door, and a neighborhood with wonderful ethnic food just down the road. The wifi is fast and easy to access, and it's free. The rooms are quite comfy, with some nice extras—usb charging ports, for instance. I was given the option to request a room on an upper floor, and I was pleased to find that I got one, with a very lovely view. The fitness center is well equipped and not too crowded. There's even a small pool.

And the price is quite reasonable for a downtown hotel.

I am not usually a fan of the big chains; they are usually alike and forgettable. But this one is just a bit nicer in many small ways that add up to a big difference.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Wow! Thank you for the good words and for staying with us. Great feedback for our staff that encourages them to work even harder to make every stay as perfect as possible. Many thanks!
Fairfax VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nothing to get excited about, but a convenient location just a few blocks from UMN. Very convenient to the light rail. Since it's by the university, there's restaurants and bars nearby, although I didn't try any.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dick T, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your comments! We are happy you found the convenience of our Courtyard Minneapolis adjacent to the University of Minnesota campus. Our Bistro food and service, and our housekeeping and maintenance services are ranked in the top 5% of all 890 Courtyard hotels. We hope you will have the opportunity to return to better experience this fabulous service. Many thanks for your business and your feedback!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed her for leisure this past weekend and to pretty much sum up my stay I'll just this was the best Courtyard I've ever stayed at. The rooms were very clean and up to date. I got a king bed with a nice view. Room was kind of small but good enough for my boyfriend and I. The only thing I didnt care for was the parking expense but thats expected when you're in a metro area near a college campus. Other than that this hotel lived up to my standards and plus more, need I add, the front desk staff were very professional!

Room Tip: Corner king room is small but great for one with nice view (ending in 02)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a nice and informative review! We look forward to serving you again and all of the folks that you have now encouraged to stay with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a Marriott enthusiast and rewards member I tend to sway towards the brands for my business stays. This Courtyard definitely set the bar high for other Courtyards! I never stayed here before so was unsure exactly what I was in for but the second I stepped foot inside I knew it'd be a good experience. The lobby area is large and inviting with a large bar as the focal point making you think you were in a full service Marriott brand. The check in was quick and friendly with the employees making sure you knew where to go and that you had everything needed. The room I had was on the top floor overlooking the entrance (unfamiliar what direction that is) so I was able to see the town. With that realized there were restaurants/bars directly across the street and the University of Minnesota only 2 blocks away. Fantastic view is what I'm getting at here.
I went to unwind at the gym which is on the 14th floor, as is the pool. In the gym were 3 treadmills, an elliptical, 2 bikes all looking over downtown Minneapolis and the expressway. There also were the standard dumbbells that go up to 50# so that satisfied for a hotel gym.
Rooms were quiet, beds very comfortable, and room temperature was on point.
The Bistro works well for breakfast and offers the Starbucks coffee so it gets my day going.
I'll definitely make this my go to when visiting Minneapolis and wish I experienced it sooner.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!