“Would stay here again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454 (Formerly Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Would stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It was a great stay. It was a beautiful, stylish room. This was not a hotel in need of an update. The rooms were spotless, the lobby was beautiful and the people very friendly and helpful. It was quiet and felt like we had the floor to ourselves.

The only drawback to this hotel is that you do pay for parking and it was $17 a day So if we were there for a week or so it would really add up. Other than that we were pleased.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dick T, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for your review! Yes, we are brand new, having recently completed a $17 million renovation. The adjacent parking facility is a public garage and we are happy to have ample parking available. The $17 cost is very competitive for the downtown market. There is alternative parking available at a lower rate however it is surface parking and a short walk from our front door. We appreciate your comments and your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When I booked here, I wasn't expecting too much—I thought it would be clean, comfy and have necessary amenities. And I wasn't disappointed. But I was pleased to find that it was, well, just a bit nicer than the usual place. Everything seems to be done with just a tad more attention to detail.

When you check in, the desk isn't monolithic; it's got stations. The person checking you in steps out from behind the station to hand you your key and point the way. It was a simple, but effective, change; I immediately felt welcome. The staff are very courteous, and their smiles seem genuine. There are many wonderful dining options right nearby; a great brewpub is right next door, and a neighborhood with wonderful ethnic food just down the road. The wifi is fast and easy to access, and it's free. The rooms are quite comfy, with some nice extras—usb charging ports, for instance. I was given the option to request a room on an upper floor, and I was pleased to find that I got one, with a very lovely view. The fitness center is well equipped and not too crowded. There's even a small pool.

And the price is quite reasonable for a downtown hotel.

I am not usually a fan of the big chains; they are usually alike and forgettable. But this one is just a bit nicer in many small ways that add up to a big difference.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Wow! Thank you for the good words and for staying with us. Great feedback for our staff that encourages them to work even harder to make every stay as perfect as possible. Many thanks!
Fairfax VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nothing to get excited about, but a convenient location just a few blocks from UMN. Very convenient to the light rail. Since it's by the university, there's restaurants and bars nearby, although I didn't try any.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dick T, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your comments! We are happy you found the convenience of our Courtyard Minneapolis adjacent to the University of Minnesota campus. Our Bistro food and service, and our housekeeping and maintenance services are ranked in the top 5% of all 890 Courtyard hotels. We hope you will have the opportunity to return to better experience this fabulous service. Many thanks for your business and your feedback!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed her for leisure this past weekend and to pretty much sum up my stay I'll just this was the best Courtyard I've ever stayed at. The rooms were very clean and up to date. I got a king bed with a nice view. Room was kind of small but good enough for my boyfriend and I. The only thing I didnt care for was the parking expense but thats expected when you're in a metro area near a college campus. Other than that this hotel lived up to my standards and plus more, need I add, the front desk staff were very professional!

Room Tip: Corner king room is small but great for one with nice view (ending in 02)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a nice and informative review! We look forward to serving you again and all of the folks that you have now encouraged to stay with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a Marriott enthusiast and rewards member I tend to sway towards the brands for my business stays. This Courtyard definitely set the bar high for other Courtyards! I never stayed here before so was unsure exactly what I was in for but the second I stepped foot inside I knew it'd be a good experience. The lobby area is large and inviting with a large bar as the focal point making you think you were in a full service Marriott brand. The check in was quick and friendly with the employees making sure you knew where to go and that you had everything needed. The room I had was on the top floor overlooking the entrance (unfamiliar what direction that is) so I was able to see the town. With that realized there were restaurants/bars directly across the street and the University of Minnesota only 2 blocks away. Fantastic view is what I'm getting at here.
I went to unwind at the gym which is on the 14th floor, as is the pool. In the gym were 3 treadmills, an elliptical, 2 bikes all looking over downtown Minneapolis and the expressway. There also were the standard dumbbells that go up to 50# so that satisfied for a hotel gym.
Rooms were quiet, beds very comfortable, and room temperature was on point.
The Bistro works well for breakfast and offers the Starbucks coffee so it gets my day going.
I'll definitely make this my go to when visiting Minneapolis and wish I experienced it sooner.

Stayed July 2014
SIMPSONVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We went to visit campus, specifically the West Bank. We were right in the middle of the Four Corners area and it was great! Access to everything and within 15-30 minute walk of all the campus buildings we needed to see. It is a bit pricey and their rates change during the week, but this place is all about location. Attached garage was nice and it helped save money on other parking at the U.

• Stayed September 2013
Madison, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I left for Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown on July 4th from our home in South Dakota to spend a holiday weekend somewhere nice. We discovered this Hotel after some research online for travel destinations in Minneapolis which has become our favorite city within Minnesota. It took us 4 hours of driving time to reach Minneapolis. An easy way to reach the Hotel is Highway 212 (West to East) until Hwy 62 from 212 exit is reached. Stay on Hwy 62 into Minneapolis for about 5 miles. Exit onto I-35W N and drive about 6.5 miles watching the exit signs until you see exit 17C. At this point you can actually see the Hotel which is just off the interstate on Washington Avenue.
You will need to check into the Hotel and then get a ticket for the parking lot which you will use when entering and leaving each time. Temporary parking outside the front lobby is acceptable and encouraged while checking in. I suggest an upper level city view room which is great for pictures of the city from the Hotel windows. My wife and I had the 14th floor room #1414 which is the second room to the right of the recreation area and the elevators - fitness room (with tread mills, weights, and Televisions ) and swimming pool is located here as well. It is nicely located to the soda and ice machine too, which is very convenient for trips for ice or drinks.
Our room was "very" pleasantly furnished with refrigerator, large flat screen television, internet hook ups. beautiful clean bathrooms, and coffee maker for breakfasts. Directly down 14 stories was where we parked our car beneath the window of our room (quite by accident). There was just a small amount of noise coming from the hallway due to our location close to the swimming pool. However considering that people naturally "sometimes" make a little noise while having fun this was not considered a problem. This was a very small sacrifice to have a room close to the pool, fitness room, and machines and elevator.
The view from our room was awesome as off to the left was the Stone Arch bridge in the distance and the St. Anthony Falls behind it. The Gutherie Theater and Gold Medal Flour Mill Tour attractions are located immediately before the falls as well. My wife and I spent a whole day just walking along the river and enjoying the sights and the view. The University of Minnesota Medical Center is located right across the Mississippi River. Right in front of this Hotel is located a movie theater, a bar restaurant with outside seating (Town Hall Brewery). Across the street is the Corner Bar and Sgt. Prestons, and the Bullwinkle Saloon on Washington Ave. So how can you lose with Sports Bars and restaurants in front of the Hotel as well as a cocktail lounge and food machines and eating area in the Bistro portion of the Lobby too. You don't have to leave the Hotel for anything if you don't want to. ;-)
This hotel is my recommended place to stay while visiting Minneapolis. The Lobby of the hotel is extremely nice and there is a bar and restaurant area for meals too. The only negative portion of our stay was the pizza we ordered in the Bistro. I would not recommend this at all, stay with an order of burger and fries!! On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this Hotel a "10". There is also a nice 15% discount for seniors to make things even more inviting as well as a very friendly, professional staff. . .

Room Tip: Be sure to book a 14th floor room with City and river view!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!