“Nice rooms and lobby” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454 (Formerly Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #22 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice rooms and lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I visited for a long 4th of July weekend. Let me start by saying
that in my opinion, this is not a downtown hotel. I would classify the location
as a university location. I was expecting to be in the heart of downtown, which
this is not. The location, however, is excellent for freeway access.

The lobby is beautiful and large, as well as very functional. The staff that I dealt with
were fine, not outstanding, but certainly not rude. The parking, while pricey in
my opinion, was very convenient. We actually watched the fireworks display from
the roof of the parking lot and the price of the parking was worth it for that
alone. A minor annoyance with the food stand selling Starbucks products is that
it did not offer any iced coffee, which was disappointing. The room was very
nicely decorated and was well outfitted to charge multiple electronic devices.
The restroom did not have a fan, and the room had no vanity mirror, so the steam
from the shower made it a little difficult for two people to be getting ready at
once. The closet doors are mirrored, but it's very dark and hard to see. The
television must be satellite, as we got no local channels to come in, which was
also disappointing. I noticed some earlier reviews complained of noise, which
we really did not find to be an issue. Once or twice we could hear people in
the hall, but that is to be expected and for us, was not a problem.

Overall, we had a very nice stay and would definitely recommend this property, even with the few downsides that we found.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor for a very nice view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
QUEEN CREEK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Check-in was very efficient and friendly and the room was great, including a view of downtown Minneapolis. Our only complaint was the shower design - only half of the door was sliding and it was opposite the faucet so you couldn't avoid the cold water hitting you or getting your hair wet; I ended up using a back scratcher to try to avoid these problems.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked the hotel with my Marriott employee rate, which is one of the reasons why I chose to stay. Upon check in, the staff at the desk were all very friendly, I believe it was Dylan (my apologies if this wasn't correct) who helped me out. When I entered the room I noticed that some of the glasses were randomly placed on the desk and they appeared to be used. I continued to the bathroom to find water all over the counter, a used bar of soap in the soap dish, a wet towel on the counter and trash in the trash bin. At this point I thought maybe I went to the wrong room. I immediately called down and explained to Dylan what had happened and told him that I was okay with just getting new linens and soaps delivered to the room as I didn't want to be a pain. Dylan told me that they could just move me to another room, as he wanted to make sure that I was staying in a clean room for the evening. When I got to the lobby he was waiting for me and apologized and had a new set of keys to a new room right away. I really appreciated his willingness to help correct the situation. As a Marriott employee I was happy this experience happened to me instead of another guest. Coming from being an employee at a different hotel, I certainly understand that things happen, so I was okay with it. Just wanted to write this review to commend your employees, all staff encounters were fantastic! Thanks for the warm hospitality.

Wayzata, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were told a block of rooms was reserved for the out of town guests for our son's wedding and shuttle service would be provided to and from the hotel to the McNamara Center. We rented a suite to provide hospitality. The rooms were, in fact on several different floors and the shuttle service was very slow. Because of privacy, we did not know where our guests were located and they did not know where the suite was located. We were not allowed to provide beverages or snacks in any public area. The hotel was also not on GPS because it was changed to a Courtyard Marriott more than 6 months previously and folks, including the grooms father, were unable to find the hotel. Parking was an additional $17 a day.
The rooms were clean and the staff was professional. The view was brilliant of the Minneapolis skyline and we overlooked the building site for the new Vikings stadium. I would not recommend this hotel for the stay for out of town guests for a wedding though for a short visit to the cities it would probably be very nice. .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us at the Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown and congratulations to you and your family with the wedding. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the great Minneapolis skyline views we have to offer at our hotel. I am sorry that your party was split up during their stay as I too enjoy being close to my family when traveling. We certainly do our best to place all guests in the group on a single floor but due to the various room types reserved, we do use multiple floors to guarantee the correct sleeping arrangements for each guest. I am also terribly sorry to hear there were delays with our complimentary shuttle. We try our hardest to serve all of our guests promptly! The ramp adjacent to the hotel, while conveniently located for all of our guests to utilize, is owned by a third party. Thank you again for providing feedback and I hope we are able to welcome you back again should your travels find you in the Minneapolis area.

Philip Johnson - General Manager
Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a king room on the 10th floor. The room was spotless, the bed very comfortable, and the updating was very nice. The pillows were a bit hard, but other than that I have no complaints. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. The hotel is very close to restaurants, and a short drive to the medical facilities at the University of Minnesota if you're looking to stay close by. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The decor is fantastic and rooms are very clean and comfortable. However, there was lots of noise from both the hallway and other rooms constantly. Even halfway down the hall I could hear the ding of the elevator. I heard every room door slamming, toilet flushing, etc. Maybe it's the hardscape tile in the front entry of the room? The bedding is ultra clean and new, but the towels looked pretty ragged. That didn't make sense.

Room Tip: As far from the elevator as possible.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I use to stay at this hotel for many years prior to Marriott taking it over and renovating the property. I must say I am very pleased with my most recent stay and they have done an excellent job updating the hotel. This was my first stay with it as a Marriott and I will stay here again in the future.

The staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast options are quick and efficient, the rooms are clean and updated, and the exercise room is adequate. Located downtown, you have access to many restaurants and many options to go for a great run.

Well done Marriott!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!