After staying here during the warm months and being annoyed at the lack of air conditioning, we decided to stay here during the winter months when it wouldn't matter. Alas, the heating/cooling system in this hotel is messed up and the windows don't open. Other than our discomfort, this was a superior stay to our last one. I like the rooms as they are laid out in a practical manner (if only the bathrooms were a little bigger), the staff is nice, the beds and bedding are comfy, and everything is clean. (I wish there were food choices during the lunch time.)
But we won't be staying here again. The thermostat on the wall is meaningless. We could never get our room cool enough, regardless of season. As we entered the room, the heating/cooling device kicked in and then stopped even if we stayed in the room. As soon as one person left, it stopped working, even if one person was still in the room. When the first person came back, the blower would start again. It didn't seem to be triggered by motion, just by entering and exiting the room and then only for a little while. It always turned off at random times. In the warm months, it never got our room down to our preferred temperature. In the winter the heat would kick in even if the room was still above our preferred temperature. We tried to run the fan only, but that produced heat when we didn't want it.
If this gets fixed we would love to come back. But, my husband will be in Minneapolis again this week and is staying down the road at a different hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome Hotel Minneapolis
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome Hotel
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome offers a convenient location and a memorable stay. Located on the edge of downtown and adjacent to the University of Minnesota means guests are close to everything great in Minneapolis. The hotel offers complimentary internet access and transportation service to the Metrodome light rail station and University of Minnesota campus. Guests can take in the view of downtown Minneapolis when exercising in the fitness center or unwinding in the heated indoor pool, hot tub or sauna located on the 14th floor. Whether you visit Minneapolis for business or vacation, stay comfortably at the Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and HotelsClick so you can book your Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.