I just had the opportunity to spend the night and conduct a seminar at the Courtyard by Marriott in Minneapolis, MN. I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past when the hotel was under the Holiday Inn flag. The new owners have spent approximately $17 million on renovations. However, no matter how much is spent on upgrades, if the staff is not efficient and professional the hotel will still suffer. In the case of the Courtyard, not only are the upgrades wonderful, the staff members are even better. The front desk staff members in the evening during checking in and in the morning staff members was efficient, friendly, and helpful.
With regards to renovations, the lobby is beautiful and the check in area is designed to check guests in with the upmost efficiency. The bristo and bar area are designed to allow for conversation or allows one to watch television. Of course there are the usually monitors with news updates and weather reports. My sleeping room was a suit on the 12th floor and was newly designed with a sleek European look. The bed was comfortable, with ample pillows. The bath room was rather small and shower was built made of glass. Only one side of the shower glass was mobile, and I did not like having to stand in the shower in order to turn it on.
I was very impressed with the efficiency of the catering staff for my event. Every request was met and they exceeded my expectation for service. While registering the participants to my conference, the General Manager took the time to come down to talk with me. In all my travels, and believe me I spend about 200 days a night in hotels, I have only found two GMs walking around the hotel greeting guests. I got the sense that the GM really cared about the success of this hotel.
This is an urban hotel and parking is in a garage, but it is easy to get in and out of. My only complaint is that I am used to Courtyards offer their Platinum Premier members a breakfast coupon. However, I was told that Courtyard’s new policy is not to offer the coupons any longer. Oh well, we all know the days of enjoying travel is fast disappearing.
I know there are many wonderful hotels in Minneapolis. But, I can strongly recommend the Courtyard on Washington Street as being excellent for the business or causal traveler. I will certainly be staying at this hotel again!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome Hotel
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome Hotel Minneapolis
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome offers a convenient location and a memorable stay. Located on the edge of downtown and adjacent to the University of Minnesota means guests are close to everything great in Minneapolis. The hotel offers complimentary internet access and transportation service to the Metrodome light rail station and University of Minnesota campus. Guests can take in the view of downtown Minneapolis when exercising in the fitness center or unwinding in the heated indoor pool, hot tub or sauna located on the 14th floor. Whether you visit Minneapolis for business or vacation, stay comfortably at the Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Venere, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.