About what you would expect from the Holiday Inn brand, no major complaints about the hotel. The front desk staff were courtesy and helpful. The room was clean and maintained throughout my stay. I certainly liked the little 'elephant' shaped towel that greeted me when I checked in. There was some kind of water leak in the bathroom - I couldn't figure out where it was coming from but mentioned it to the Front Desk as I checked out and they seemed to take it seriously. It wasn't anything major but just something I noticed in the mornings.
I didn't find the restaurant very appealing (very empty and not terribly enticing) - but I was there through the week and the hotel didn't seem too busy when I was there. And I had found the Jewel of India across the street so I was set for dining options.
The walls seemed very thin - but what are you going to do with walls. I could hear my very chatty neighbour most of the night when I was watching Monday Night Football.
Like I mentioned in the title, the location felt isolating to me. It was this hotel and then about four/five restaurants - I didn't find the neighbourhood very inviting to go for a walk or to find some places to shop. But their shuttle staff were helpful and able to take me to the Light Transit stop so that I could get to Target Field for only 50 cents a ride - highly recommend that.
Watch out for the taxi drivers out front - your fare could be different each time - mine was... but these are the risks one assumes when traveling.
I'm still committed to the Holiday Inn brand but if I was to return to Minneapolis I'd likely look for another hotel location.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome Hotel Minneapolis
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome Hotel
- Holiday Inn Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome offers a convenient location and a memorable stay. Located on the edge of downtown and adjacent to the University of Minnesota means guests are close to everything great in Minneapolis. The hotel offers complimentary internet access and transportation service to the Metrodome light rail station and University of Minnesota campus. Guests can take in the view of downtown Minneapolis when exercising in the fitness center or unwinding in the heated indoor pool, hot tub or sauna located on the 14th floor. Whether you visit Minneapolis for business or vacation, stay comfortably at the Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.