I stayed at this hotel Oct 17th-18th after getting married. My first surprise was that the hotel didn't seem anything like the pictures. I expected a totally different room. When I booked, I chose the "supreme king," or something to that effect, the only choice above that was a suite. I looked back, and the pictures online are mostly of the "Presidential Suite," When looking at the pictures of the beds, bathroom, etc, I didn't realize it was a suite I guess. They could make it clearer. The room I got was a tad smaller than average regular king room at any other place, but it was a corner room, so I just figured that must've been the "upgrade" from the regular king. I still don't know. It was okay for the night and at the price we paid. Check-out was at noon. I had my bouquet when I arrived and the desk staff offered to find me a vase, they couldn't find one, but it was a nice gesture anyway.
Just as the other reviews say, the walls are thin..I slept great, so not really an issue for me. I loved the bed, perfect combo of soft and firm. They left two champagne glasses and a small bottle of champagne, knowing we were just married. Very nice and attentive. Room Service was okay. I ordered burger/fries and hubby got some sort of turkey/ham sandwich, the total was 32$ and some change. Average hotel inflation. The food wasn't bad, so it made it less painful...my one grip though was, I ordered my burger "medium" and it was super rare. I'm not against rare burgers, so I tried to eat it, but there is such a thing as just too rare. I could taste blood. I didn't send it back cause I would've just had a mind thing about tampering and wouldn't have ate it. I just ate around the edge and left the center. Flavor was awesome though, I've been craving one done right ever since. I'm planning to go back to the restaurant soon. Hubby's food was right on point.
Parking was $20, I don't think its part of the hotel, even though they're part of each other. When I asked if there was a hotel discount for parking in the morning, the attendant was rude and while bobbing her neck and rolling her eyes, said "NO, there is not"..I guess it was cold out there, so whatever. We wanted to be able to use the skyways to get around, but they were closed after hours, so don't bank on that for night time. In the end, I'd stay here again if I needed too. When we left, hubby forgot a shirt and pants in the bathroom. We called and they said they would send them to us. The charge on my card is 35$ for shipping, which is a bit steep for a package going 50miles away...I could've/shouldve drove back, and its been 6 days and still no package. I will probably dispute the charge at day 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Minneapolis Crowne Plaza Hotel located in the heart of the downtown Minneapolis business and retail district and connected to the Skyway system for easy access to shopping, dining, sports, entertainment and any other downtown Minneapolis event. Deluxe guestrooms include 2 phones with data-port and voice-mail, wireless high speed Internet access for a fee, On-Demand movies, iron/ironing board, coffee/coffeemaker and USA Today paper delivered daily. Our Cafe Northstar restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition, our Krona lounge overlooking 2nd Avenue in downtown Minneapolis, features light meals, a connoisseur's collection of spirits, complete wine bar and more than thirty beers & ales in a comfortable atmosphere complete with fireplace. Take advantage of our free Fitness Center and the services of our Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar Hotel Minneapolis
- Crowne Plaza Minneapolis
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis