“nice rooms on executive floor, long waits for elevators” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   618 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
IL
“nice rooms on executive floor, long waits for elevators”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed on the executive floor and had a really nice, spacious room. Overall, the hotel was clean, the shower could have been cleaner, but it was ok. It was tough to find a computer/printer to use- they have tablets available on the executive floor, but you can't print from it. I finally found a business center on the 7th floor and that solved the problem. The worst part of this hotel by far was the elevators- there are not nearly enough, and if you are on one of the top floors you will have to wait forever anytime you're using the elevators.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
tc3399,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear about your difficulty printing in our club lounge. I will look into this and ensure the printer is fixed.

Thank you again for your business and we will see you on a future visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed here before years ago and like last time, the hotel staff was very nice. They were nice and accommodating with splitting our hotel bill with my friend I brought with me. They usually had someone opening the front door entrance. Rooms were very nice. Overall stay was good, no complaints. To add, this was the cheapest hotel downtown during a busy event weekend which is something I'll be looking for again next time I travel to MN.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Priceline got me this room for a great deal.
Check in was a breeze. Room was a good size. Bathroom a little small but I don't care about that. The bed was incredible. When you put the shade down, it's pitch black in there!
It was so hot in Minneapolis that the air conditioning felt freezing! Means its working great! :)
It was a little noisy in the hallways at 11pm. People who stay in hotels, a word of common sense advice: DON'T HAVE HILARIOUS CONVERSATIONS IN THE HALLWAYS. people are sleeping. Like talk when you get in your room.

I had a late dinner in the bar. Good food, nice fellow working the bar. Food took a bit, but I didn't mind. Very reasonable prices. Parking was $20 for a 24 hour period. Reasonable for downtown.
The only thing I'd love to see different, is the addition of a coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Williston, North Dakota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Pros: Front desk personnel were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean. The Krona Grill had very good food and waitress. The lady bartender was very good also. When she was working the lounge was packed.

Cons: Beds were OK but I've definitely slept in better. Extra charge for wifi. I hate that. We stayed for 3 nights and had to call both days to make sure housekeeping was coming as the room was untouched at 5:00 pm. The male bartender in the Krona Grill was loud and obnoxious. He made numerous sexual comments and the few patrons that were in the lounge were ladies so very inappropriate, classless. We went in the lounge several times. Whenever he was the bartender there were very few customers compared to a full bar when the female was working. Pretty obvious why. There's too many really nice places to stay in downtown MSP so I doubt we'll be back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Dale F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am pleased you appreciated the room cleanliness. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the issues you had with the wifi and the service you received. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I travel to Minneapolis a lot, usually for multiple nights, and I call the Crowne Plaza my home away from home. I ordered room service 3 nights in a row during my last stay (which I never do because of all the great options in the area), but the food was incredible - I was completely impressed. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. Everything is top notch. Beds are comfortable (for a hotel), the fitness center has just enough equipment to make for a great work-out, and the walkability of the downtown area from this hotel is another huge bonus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors, garden side so you don't hear the ambulances. Also, not tha...
Thrivewith Sarah,

Thank you for your business and we enjoy having you stay with us so frequently. I am proud of our food and beverage team and glad to hear about your great experiences.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This Minneapolis hotel is clean with comfortable beds, and good internet connectivity.

The bathroom, while clean, was a bit of a mish-mash of decorating. One could tell that successive renovations, overtop of other renovations, was the prevailing style. Not a big deal, but kind distracted from the overall high quality of the rest of the accomodation.

The staff were quick and attentive, and allowed an early check-in, and late check-out.

I was staying with a business colleague with extra perks, which I also took advantage of. For the regular Joe, there's no breakfast, but I had access to their hospitality suite, with a light breakfast. It was just okay. Exclusivity doesn't necessarily equal high quality, despite comfy chairs and friendly staff.

I'd stay here again, if in Minneapolis on business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been working in Minneapolis for the last few months now and the Crowne Plaza Northstar has become my home away from home. The staff at this hotel: from the front desk, to room service, restaurants, attendants in the Club Lounge, housekeeping, and the management staff are a group of professionals dedicated to quality service. They have gone above and beyond to ensure each stay is just as enjoyable if not more than my last. I had the most amazing service experience by a staff member in the club lounge one morning - I believe her name was Yatta. I can't even recall all the extraordinary requests I've had being away from home for such long extended periods of time, but my sincere appreciation goes to the team for making every effort to fulfill every single one of them. The location is awesome, you can get to everything downtown within minutes. The food here is great. The rooms are very comfortable. Parking is reasonable. My only constructive criticism would be to do some updating on all the rooms as I understand some of them have already been. And comparable to other 4 star properties definitely renovate the bathrooms as they appear dated.

Room Tip: Be sure to request an odd floor because vending and soda machines are only on odd floors. Corner roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMCPNorthstar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Pastor Eric,

Thank you for your loyalty and we enjoy having you stay with us as much as you enjoy staying. Yatta is a great asset to the hotel and will make sure she is congratulated for taking such good care of you and all our guests.

We look forward to your next stay! Have a great day.

Been to Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar? Share your experiences!