“Great Front Desk Help!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   618 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Front Desk Help!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Anita at the front desk was always helpful suggesting great places to go out to eat at night! She made our stay in Minneapolis incredible!! The Crowne Plaza was in a great location downtown connected to the skywalks. I would recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager618, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about Anita. We are so fortunate to have her!

I am always so pleased when our guests take this opportunity to share their experiences. I am very proud of the staff here and am always proud to say that we work together.

Enjoy your week!
Katie Neufeld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Anita helped us at the front desk and she was amazing. So kind and helpful. She made us feel very welcome- not many places with such great customer service these days! Would definitely go back just because of how sweet she was!

• Stayed February 2013
Brainerd, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here at the end of February 2013. We came to the cities to go to the Disney on Ice show at the Target center and also to just get out of town for a couple of days.

Easy to find, not far from 94. The parking garage is way overpriced at $20 per day midweek. I believe it is cheaper on weekends. We parked in a goofy spot so when we came into the building we were in the skyway system by lots of restaurants, then had to take an escalator down and cut through another food court.

Check in was quick and easy. Very nice girls at front desk. I cannot remember names unfortunately.

Elevators – pain to use, since you have to swipe your room key every time to get to your floor. But I guess safety is important since anyone could walk into the hotel through the skyway system.

Room – very nice size. Nice bedding, good bathroom. However the floors and walls are super thin. We could hear everything from our neighbors and the person above walking around was very loud thumping. Hard to sleep, especially since the person above us was up earlier in the morning. I did talk to the front desk about this and they offered to call them – but I really don’t think that would have helped. Its not like they were purposely thumping or jumping around – just the floors were that thin.

Bar in lobby – overpriced, nice to get a little snack bowl but it used to be better quality. Now just Gardettos. They do have happy hour specials.

Food on 7th floor – only went for breakfast. Again overpriced, but good in taste.

Bellboys at front door – the nicest ever and so helpful to call up a cab or answer any questions.

Overall, we will go back but we will ask to see if we can get a room without anyone above us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel does lack a grand lobby, however the room (corner, high floor) was perfectly appointed and allowed for a nice view. The elevators were swift. The front desk ladies performed perfectly. The hotel has its own parking garage (extra fee). We only needed a single night stay in downtown so that we could walk to and from a Twins game. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have the better views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Storm Lake, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My friends had planned a trip to minneapolis for a girl's night out. It was a last minute thing so we didn't book an original hotel- luckily we found the Crowne Plaza and Anita. From our arrival, she greted us with a smile and made our stay very pleasant. She helped us find our way around town and was attentive with every one. The bar service was also good- drinks were at a decent price. We started off there and headed out. Would definitely stay there again, more for the customer service than anything.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

thanks to Anita I felt like a valued guest. Anita was very friendly and always had a smile on her face. Being I was new to the Mpls area, Anita helped me find my ways. Customer service in my job is the main focus and is very important and I would be honored to have Anita working with me for her customer service skills. " WOW' . Anita deserves a raise !

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend the crowne plaza for all to visit I would come back again just to chat wi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager618, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about Anita. We think she is the bomb as well. She continues to outshine us all in the area of guest service! I'm pleased that she was able to be so helpful. We would love to have you stay with us again. Please reach out if your plans bring you back downtown and we will ensure another great stay for you!
Litchfield, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family and I booked a room for a weekend event that was going on at the Target Center this past weekend. The hotel has great access to get to the Target Center through the skyway access and that was very convienient. On the first afternoon after checking in, we went up to our room and found that we had a conjoined room with other people. The music was blaring next door and they were already talking and yelling loudly. (The walls are paper thin!!) My family and I didn't bother with it at that time being we were going to be gone the rest of the afternoon anyway.
We waited in the lobby with about 8 other members of our group to walk over to the Target Center together and three people from either management or security came and stood next to us in the lobby. It made a few of us feel very uncomfortable. They acted as if we were doing something wrong and we felt like we were being "shooed" out of the lobby area. The one even started riding the elevator with some of our party that had to go back up to their rooms for forgotten items.
We returned to our room that night around 9pm to find that our neighbors were still playing music, talking/yelling loudly, and slamming doors. We called security around 10:30 pm. Security spoke with them and left. We had to call a second time around 12:30am. Security again showed up and spoke with them. We could hear them tell them that if they have to visit a third time, they'll be kicked out of their room. At 3:30am, it was still going on. Called security back to their room. It finally got quiet around 4:30am. Next morning, we weren't sure if they were kicked out or not. (we were not staying in the same room if they were also staying again.) We asked the front desk who informed us that they were not kicked out. We requested a different room. They said they would be able to get us a different room and we could get in there at 2:30. We got into our new room and found that the toilet did not flush.
We paid the $10.00 charge to get the Wi-Fi password from the front desk for an I Pad. You can't use that same password for your laptop in your room. That's another $10.00 charge. No refrigerator/microwave in your room. That's another additional charge. No pool or hot tub. If you have children, they will be bored out of their minds if you don't make plans to do something fun outside of the hotel or bring your own games/things to do inside. It may be a good hotel for someone for one night on a business trip, but it did not feel family friendly what so ever!!
My family and I will definately not be staying here again next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager618, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I would like to deeply apologize for your unpleasant stay. I would like to discuss your concerns with you directly. Please feel free to contact me at 612.436.9336.

I am confident that I can help to change your overall opinion of the hotel.

Katie Neufeld

Been to Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar? Share your experiences!