“Nice Downtown Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   618 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice Downtown Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I travel to downtown Minneapolis occasionally and this was my first stay at the Northstar. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to many restaurants. The rooms were nice, clean and had very comfortable beds. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights for a conference at the convention center, and Anita (at the front desk) made the stay very comfortable for me. She was super friendly, understanding, efficient, AND accommodating! My requests and concerns were addressed immediately, the moment I stepped into the hotel. The location is walkable from the light rail (great access if you're using public transportation from the airport), walkable to everywhere in downtown, and accessible through the skyway as well. The room itself was also really nice. It was roomy, and very clean! I also forgot toothpaste so I called room service, and they quickly came and provided some. Lastly, I get cold really easily, and the thermostat was easy to figure out and worked immediately (something that I personally appreciate, especially because the weather got a bit cold at the end of my stay)! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone considering a hotel in Downtown Minneapolis. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ankara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed in Crowne Plaza Downtown- Northstar for 5 days for our meeting in September 2012. I was very satisfied. The room was clean and convenient, the bed was comfortable. The location of the hotel was very good, walking distance to many sightseeings. Hotel staff was friendly, especially ladies in the reception. We asked for name of a nice club, lady in the reception arranged a free entry to the nice club for us ( Saturday Nite)
Staff in the pub is also nice, although it's your first time, they give u the feeling of " regular customer"
I also advise everybody to check 8th floor- skygarden. It's refreshing and peaceful part of the hotel. Especially if you are organizing meetings, you can welcome people with a nice reception in skygarden. But please check forecast before :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I booked this hotel for a group of 4 to celebrate a milestone birthday for my sister. From the moment we checked in, until we left we greated by happy, pleasant staff that accomodated our every need. We had access to the Club Room which was quite wonderful. We were able to go up and have complimentary soda and water along with appetizers & desserts in the evening. In the morning we had a wonderful continental breakfast and were able to relax and chat in a comfortable atmosphere. Everyone was so nice! One of our group forgot her toothbrush and they ran one up right away. I would definitely return. It's located only about two blocks from the Nicollet Mall and close to shopping and great restaurants. They also have a nice bar and restaurant in the hotel. I will go back! Thank you Crowne Plaza!

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor - very quiet and nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager618, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I am so pleased that your group had such a warm experience! I am very proud of the team of associates that work in our beautiful hotel. They are outstanding examples of true guest service.
Please keep us in mind for your next trip downtown.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice clean hotel. Service was decent.
If you book a hotel through Priceline, be sure to call them multiple times if you need a certain type of room. We ended up with a king even though we requested 2 doubles. They brought a rollaway, which was horribly uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and baby and I stayed at this hotel for two nights vacation. The room was average size and a bit dated looking. The staff were generally friendly and helpful, though it was clear that families with babies are not commonplace at this hotel. As others have said, the walls are thin and you can hear just about everything going on in the adjacent rooms or hallways. But since we stayed Sunday to Tuesday, it was fairly low-key.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Receptionist, named "Anita" was very helpful in providing information about the nearby restaurants, bars and other places that you could go. She also offered to arrange my cab going to airport. As a business traveller, that is the service what I am looking for. Price of the room was also reasonable and location is very convenient.

Room Tip: Price is very reasonable compared to other nearby hotels. Very courteous people.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Downtown - Northstar? Share your experiences!