I'll start with the biggest negative: The room was very cold when we entered. I turned the heat on and we went to the pool. Came back and it didn't seem TOO cold anymore, so we snuggled in bed, but I woke up 4 times from shivering and tried to fix the heat. There was NO heat. The knob wouldn't turn any further than half way toward the "heat" setting. The forecast that morning was for frost, so the cold outside wasn't helping. I ended up putting my fleece jacket on to try to get warm. The bed wasn't very comfortable (hard mattress = negative #2), so it was a task to sleep that night. We weren't allowed to have a regular breakfast in the on-sight restaurant that morning because of the Mother's Day brunch buffet that was set up, so we ended up paying $20 each for breakfast (negative #3). Buffets are wasted on me because I can't eat much at one sitting. We ended up getting an accessible room for some reason, so the shower had a hand held shower head, which didn't have much pressure.
The positive: Check in fellow was nice. All the service people were friendly. Pool area was great for families. Room was clean. Free parking, free internet. CHEAP nightly rate on Hotwire (probably because of all the construction around the motel, including the off ramp). Not too far from U of M.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Ramada Plaza Minneapolis Hotel
- Sheraton Minneapolis
- Four Points Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Sheraton
- Minneapolis Four Points
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes from business, area attractions and shopping, Ramada Plaza Minneapolis is business-paced and leisure-minded. Free Wi-Fi in guest rooms, modern décor, pool and fitness center, inviting public spaces and Scalzo’s Italian Grille refresh any traveler. Our experienced meeting and catering experts can work with you to plan events up to 400 attendees. Complimentary on-site parking.Shuttle service within a five mile radius (complimentary, but based on availability). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline, EasyToBook, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Ramada Plaza Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.