“Wonderful Staff But Dreadful Sleeping Room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added Ramada Plaza Minneapolis to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1330 Industrial Blvd NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413 (University / Dinkytown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #27 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Rochester, Michigan, USA
“Wonderful Staff But Dreadful Sleeping Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My company booked three of us for a two night stay at this hotel. We led a conference there. After dropping our bags off in our rooms, we went to dinner. Upon return, I switched on the heating unit and went to bed. At midnight, I awoke because the room was so cold. I switched off the unit and telephoned the front desk. The clerk offered to change my room or send blankets. Because I was already settled into the room and had to get up early in the morning to present, I chose to have blankets delivered. A security guard arrived and attempted to repair the heating unit. He was unsuccessful. It was he who brought two blankets. The desk clerk assured me a repair would be made the next day. When my fellow travelers were met with cold rooms and contacted the front desk, they were told the heat was switched off on May 1st (this was May 5th) and only the a/c unit worked. Therefore, we were forced to bundle with blankets in order to sleep warmly for the next two nights. After my first full day on site, I returned to my sleeping room to discover the person who had cleaned the room had pulled the drapes from the window track. I mentioned this to a housekeeper who said they would note it. Nothing was done and the drapes hung askew for the remainder of my stay. The furniture in the room was worn with chips in the desk and night stand. HOWEVER, the banquet staff was outstanding! They worked very hard to ensure all rooms were set up properly. They had such a positive attitude.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RamadaPlazaMpls, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
The spring and fall in Minnesota can be very tricky and this Spring has been such a challenge for all of us here. It seems as if Winter continued all throughout May. I am glad that we were able to bring you blankets to sleep warmly. I do apologize for what appears to be a lack of follow up on the issue with your drapes. It seems as if the room cleaner did not follow up with our maintenance staff. I am glad that you had a great experience with our banquet staff. We do have some great professional members that have been with the hotel for a long time and take great pride in their job.

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)

Been to Ramada Plaza Minneapolis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Plaza Minneapolis

Address: 1330 Industrial Blvd NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Location: United States > Minnesota > Minneapolis > University / Dinkytown
#4 Best Value Hotel in Minneapolis
#19 Business Hotel in Minneapolis
#21 Family Hotel in Minneapolis
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Plaza Minneapolis 3*
Minutes from business, area attractions and shopping, Ramada Plaza Minneapolis is business-paced and leisure-minded. Free Wi-Fi in guest rooms, modern décor, pool and fitness center, inviting public spaces and Scalzo’s Italian Grille refresh any traveler. Our experienced meeting and catering experts can work with you to plan events up to 400 attendees. Complimentary on-site parking.Shuttle service within a five mile radius (complimentary, but based on availability). ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Ramada Plaza Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
Sheraton Minneapolis
Four Points Minneapolis
Minneapolis Sheraton
Minneapolis Four Points

If you own or manage Ramada Plaza Minneapolis, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.