Thought about doing this review for a long time and I keep coming back to this hotels customer service, or lack thereof, they just do not get it. It's a nice hotel with a nice lobby and ease of parking. They have breakfast in the morning, which looks more impressive than it is. There is a large expanse of food, however if you draw a line down middle, the right side is a mirror image of the left side. This does help when you have a large crowd down there in the morning, now if they only did that with the coffee that would be great, but all the coffee is put in a small space that everyone gathers around. The rooms are good sized, but ours had inadequate cooling. Upper rooms were warm and cooling system would not cool it down and of course the windows are pop-riveted shut. I had an additional concern (lack of hot water) with the room which I discussed with the front desk, they said they would look into it, no follow-up was ever given to me and I assure you the concern was not fixed.
I did have one staff member spend time with me giving me directions, but the other staff members I came into contact with were indifferent, especially the front desk.
Overall, a clean hotel with nice views, but my concerns were minimized and the staff were unresponsive, poor customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newly renovated Hyatt Place, perfectly situated in downtown Minneapolis. Following the recently completed $20 million dollar transformation, guests will enjoy a striking new lobby, 213 luxurious suites, meeting facilities, pool area, workout facilities and a brand new restaurant and bar. Connected to the cities iconic climate controlled Skyway, you are mere minutes away from the Convention Center, expansive shopping options, amazing restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. You're within walking distance to the home of the Minnesota Twins, Target Field, location of the 2014 MLB All-Star game. You're also a short walk to Mall of America Field, home of the Minnesota Vikings. Located less than three blocks away from the revolutionary Hiawatha Light Rail, you can travel easily to and from the MSP International airport as well as the world renowned Mall of America. A short stroll to the Mississippi waterfront is home to the Mill City District. Rich in history, the area boasts fine dining, striking views of Saint Anthony Falls, gorgeous parks, and extensive walking and bike paths ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Minneapolis
- Comfort Suites Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Embassy Suites