Lots of good things about this hotel. At the south edge of downtown Minneapolis, it's handy to business, the Convention Center, and shopping. Its location on Nicollet Mall means it's easily accessible by public transport--buses go up & down Nicollet Mall every few minutes; and it's 8 blocks from the 5th St light rail station. Once inside, the Hyatt is an impressive place. As with all other Hyatt Regency hotels I've visited, there's an air of professionalism, every hair in place as it were; and employees are friendly and eager to help. I especially enjoyed the new-to-me check-in process--I checked in online in the morning and immediately got an email advising that my room was ready(this was 5 hrs before check-in time!); my room # was indicated in the email also! When I got to the hotel, I bypassed the reception counter, going straight to the computer check-in kiosk(finally found it at the end of the reception desks). Touched "Check In', waved the bar code from my check-in email, and the machine dispensed my key card. This is fun tech and really saves time when lots of folks are checking in. I had a Club room on the 22nd floor--stunning views of Minneapolis. The room was clean, quiet, nicely decorated, with lots of connections for tech. I was there for an event that started around 6 pm, so the Club lounge came in very handy to fuel up for the evening. They had some tasty hors-d'oeuvres, wine & beer, coffee, and an efficient and friendly concierge to help and answer any questions. The event I attended was very well organized; it's obvious the staff pays a lot of attention to detail. Only one negative among all this goodness: my room had 2 double(queen?) beds; I was glad of this when I turned down the covers on one bed and found a blood stain the hotel's laundry had failed to remove. Thankfully, there were no stains on the other bed's sheets so I didn't have to deal with having to call Housekeeping at the end of a long exhausting evening. It's a turn-off to find even a small stain in a high class hotel. But as I said, it's the only negative. Oh, and hot water came quickly and was plentiful! Back to the lounge for coffee and a large and varied breakfast spread. You have your choice of newspapers--WSJ. USA Today, Mpls Star Tribune. Hopped on the free bus directly across the street from the hotel, to the light rail train that takes you to both air terminals in under 30 minutes. I'd recommend for business travel, or leisure/fun with families(gym & pool on site).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newly renovated Hyatt Place, perfectly situated in downtown Minneapolis. Following the recently completed $20 million dollar transformation, guests will enjoy a striking new lobby, 213 luxurious suites, meeting facilities, pool area, workout facilities and a brand new restaurant and bar. Connected to the cities iconic climate controlled Skyway, you are mere minutes away from the Convention Center, expansive shopping options, amazing restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. You're within walking distance to the home of the Minnesota Twins, Target Field, location of the 2014 MLB All-Star game. You're also a short walk to Mall of America Field, home of the Minnesota Vikings. Located less than three blocks away from the revolutionary Hiawatha Light Rail, you can travel easily to and from the MSP International airport as well as the world renowned Mall of America. A short stroll to the Mississippi waterfront is home to the Mill City District. Rich in history, the area boasts fine dining, striking views of Saint Anthony Falls, gorgeous parks, and extensive walking and bike paths ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Minneapolis
- Comfort Suites Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Embassy Suites