“Hyatt Regency never disappoints” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown

You added Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   425 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415 (Formerly Comfort Suites) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Bloomington, MN
“Hyatt Regency never disappoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Lots of good things about this hotel. At the south edge of downtown Minneapolis, it's handy to business, the Convention Center, and shopping. Its location on Nicollet Mall means it's easily accessible by public transport--buses go up & down Nicollet Mall every few minutes; and it's 8 blocks from the 5th St light rail station. Once inside, the Hyatt is an impressive place. As with all other Hyatt Regency hotels I've visited, there's an air of professionalism, every hair in place as it were; and employees are friendly and eager to help. I especially enjoyed the new-to-me check-in process--I checked in online in the morning and immediately got an email advising that my room was ready(this was 5 hrs before check-in time!); my room # was indicated in the email also! When I got to the hotel, I bypassed the reception counter, going straight to the computer check-in kiosk(finally found it at the end of the reception desks). Touched "Check In', waved the bar code from my check-in email, and the machine dispensed my key card. This is fun tech and really saves time when lots of folks are checking in. I had a Club room on the 22nd floor--stunning views of Minneapolis. The room was clean, quiet, nicely decorated, with lots of connections for tech. I was there for an event that started around 6 pm, so the Club lounge came in very handy to fuel up for the evening. They had some tasty hors-d'oeuvres, wine & beer, coffee, and an efficient and friendly concierge to help and answer any questions. The event I attended was very well organized; it's obvious the staff pays a lot of attention to detail. Only one negative among all this goodness: my room had 2 double(queen?) beds; I was glad of this when I turned down the covers on one bed and found a blood stain the hotel's laundry had failed to remove. Thankfully, there were no stains on the other bed's sheets so I didn't have to deal with having to call Housekeeping at the end of a long exhausting evening. It's a turn-off to find even a small stain in a high class hotel. But as I said, it's the only negative. Oh, and hot water came quickly and was plentiful! Back to the lounge for coffee and a large and varied breakfast spread. You have your choice of newspapers--WSJ. USA Today, Mpls Star Tribune. Hopped on the free bus directly across the street from the hotel, to the light rail train that takes you to both air terminals in under 30 minutes. I'd recommend for business travel, or leisure/fun with families(gym & pool on site).

Room Tip: choose a Club floor room, they are quiet
Green Features: makes a good effort to be environmentally friendly, with recycling containers in the rooms
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear jayhawk73,
As a part of the Hyatt hotel family, we appreciate the great review that you posted on Tripadvisor. I only wish it were for my hotel the Hyatt Place. Unfortunately, we are the select service property not the full service Regency you stayed at during your last stay. I hope that perhaps in the future you will get the opportunity to try a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House product in your travels.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Hyatt Place in downtown Minneapolis while attending a volleyball tournament at the Convention Center. Pro's...proximity to the CC, newer, clean and nicely appointed rooms. Con's...didn't have laundry facilities, no valet, the same exact food on the breakfast buffet all three days, no 'store' to buy the little things you forget, and a serious shortage of luggage carts. The staff was friendly and most were helpful....but they just don't have a lot of the basic amenities that I've come to expect in a mid-range hotel. One additional note, downtown Minneapolis kind of 'shuts down' on the weekend. Coming from Chicago, I found it very strange...hard to find an open Starbucks and the skyway's weren't open when we needed them to be, which was inconvenient. Thankfully, the weather held out and we were able to walk outside. Not a reflection on the hotel, but might play into our hotel selections in the future.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Sarah B,
Thank you for taking your time to review the hotel and downtown area on Tripadvisor. Being from Chicago myself, I would agree that Minneapolis Downtown does go to bed early. We are also a much smaller city. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our complimentary breakfast which included scrambled eggs, sausage, and pancakes each morning along with a variety of other food selections. The area surrounding the hotel does have several restaurants that can provide additional options should you visit Minneapolis in the future. We are also in the process of getting a sundries shop on the main level of the building which will have a variety of items for purchase. I hope the you will visit Minneapolis again in the future and explore the many great things the area has to offer.

Onalaska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It is very inconeveniten to check-in and park at this hotel. You have to park in the 10 minute zone, take elevators upstairs, get a luggage cart, go back down the elevator, load your car, take the luggage cart back in the elevator to your room. Then, go back downstairs and park your car! It took our family, with children, 30 minutes to do this.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Dear Heather O,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that your check in and parking was not as simple for you as it should have been. The majority of our guests seem to check in and then park their vehicle in the garage right below the hotel. Our express elevator goes right to that level where you can park and unload all in one trip. I will review our signage to ensure that nothing has been removed. I hope to see you again when you are back in downtown.

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is my new favorite downtown hotel. While it's not exactly in the center of the action, i much prefer the amenities and services here to other downtown hotels. The rooms are great, i really appreciate the free breakfast and having a pool and hot tub was a plus for my husband and I when choosing a hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear bw23,
Thank you for the great 5 point review on Tripadvisor. It sounds like you enjoyed your time in a great city and hotel. If there is anything we can ever do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask. Hope to see you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is our go to place when we stay in Minneapolis! We love the location, bar, hot breakfast, grab and go food, large rooms and the glass elevators. The room was too warm for us, that is our only complaint.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Jazser,
Thank you for taking your time and posting a great review about the Hyatt Place. It appears that you like many things about our hotel, but one of them is a first for us; the glass elevator. I hope to see you again when you travel back to Minneapolis Downtown.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great hotel, with lots of new concepts that make your stay enjoyable. They have a happy hour, free breakfast and the rooms are nicely laid out for doing business (included a couch area to meet with colleagues). The lobby was inviting for both hanging out and for working.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Dear 543marthac,
Thank you for the outstanding 5 point review that you posted on Tripadvisor. You mentioned three of our top items that set us apart from our competitors; large room, complimentary breakfast, and great happy hour. I hope to see you again in the future.

Bogota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here almost 2 weeks, the service at the front desk is really good, and the rooms are suites like small apartment, which makes easier when you are in long stays to dont feel crowded, the rooms are big bit, I mean this hotel gives you a really great value for the price, to get a room on this size in other hotel you need to be upgraded .
The breakfast is simple but when you are in a long stay on business you dont need a complete buffet.
It is really clean, and it is near to target center.
They have an amazing service, the day that I was checking out I missed the breakfast and the front desk manager realize of it and brough me some fruit and yogurts, thats great service,
The gym is really good .
The unique thing I would change will be getting water in the room, but even in the front desk they fulfill a bottel for me everyday, is a really great service.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Vane627,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Place. I am glad you found the accommodations and location to your liking along with a lot of our other amenities. We hope to see you in the future when your travel plans bring you back to the Minneapolis area.

Best Regards,

Been to Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown? Share your experiences!