“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown

You added Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   425 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415 (Formerly Comfort Suites) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Saint Paul, MN
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was very impressed by this location. My wife and I live in the Twin Cities and planned a weekend staycation. Being we live in the area we know this particular property has changed names a number of times. The people that did the work on this place did a great job. The atrium and lobby are very modern and nice looking. The rooms are huge. Breakfast was great both mornings and they also had some really good happy hour specials. This property is located on the east end of Downtown Minneapolis near the new Vikings stadium. It is connected to the Skyway so you can walk to Hennepin Avenue and the Convention Center without ever going outside. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Smdelaney,
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing and giving us a great score on Tripadvisor. Being a local guest, it sounds like you knew more about our property then most. You hit upon most of our great features. I hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, I have stayed at other Hyatt hotels that meet or exceed the idea of nice hotels. Plus side rooms were clean and decent layout. I am very happy that I received a large discount on the room initially because I would never pay the amount they charge normally. I was not able to use the pool during my stay because there were twenty children and many adults in the pool up until it closed. Many cheap hotels I have stayed at previously set a time for adults to swim which I expected but was told was not the case at this hotel. There were people making out in the elevator making it very uncomfortable to ride in. The window to the hotel room next to where I parked my car was broken out leaving me leery to leave my car at the hotel. Both nights there were several kids in the room across the hall from me constantly screaming, crying, and slamming doors literally every five minutes until midnight each night. I reported the issue to the front desk which was said to be taken care of but the issue still persisted. I also attended breakfast at a reasonable time 8:30 am and the food was luke warm and did not have the choices that were advertised. Beds were not near my comfort expectations at all. Overall the only thing i was pleased with was cleanliness and quickness of check-in. I would not recommend to a friend/family. So much for a happy relaxing vacation.

Green Features: I think you should have adult only swim time for at least an hour, staff who will accommodate guests requests, and better security around the hotel. I was hesitant to go to my car after dark especially after seeing the taped window next to my car.
Dear Nicole G,
I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations during your stay. I hope that you are not comparing us to a Hyatt Regency as we are the select service brand of Hyatt. We actually do have the same pillow top Hyatt beds as all the other properties. However, we just opened a year ago perhaps making our beds still on the firm side. It pains me to hear that our guests interrupted your stay or did not allow you to enjoy our facilities. We do get more families on the weekends and stay busy. I apologize and truly hope that you will visit if back in Minneapolis.

Edina, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had 30 guests stay here for our wedding and the hotel staff could not have been more amazing in helping us arrange the weekend. They organized a rehearsal dinner in the beautiful and private south atrium, arranged for a shuttle to take guests from the hotel to the venue in Dinkytown and back, and provided a top-notch experience that all our guests complimented. The rooms have been beautifully updated and were comfortable and quiet. I can't imagine a better downtown Twin Cities experience than the one this hotel provided. Oh, and I forgot to mention the wedding took place on a Valentine's Day weekend when the place was booked! My impression is they can handle just about anything. Thanks to all involved!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Gary J,
Thank you so much for the great 5 point review. I am glad that you and all your wedding guests had a great experience before, during and after your wedding. If there is anything else that we can do, please do not hesitate to ask. By the way, congratulations on getting married and hope you are going somewhere warmer on your honeymoon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked a block of rooms for our recent wedding, and had many guests comment on how great the place was. The standard room is large, and a great place to gather friends and family. We also had our rehearsal dinner here the evening before and the staff took care of everything and were very friendly. The only downside was a miscommunication with our parking rate, which was easily resolved the next day and fixed on people's bills. Would recommend this hotel for sure for an event, or just an overnight stay.

Dear Terri J,
We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a great review on TripAdvisor. I do believe that you hit upon most of the reasons we set ourselves apart from the competition. I am happy to hear that the staff was able to correct the parking situation timely. I hope to see you during a future stay.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently stayed at Hyatt Place in MSP while on business; the hotel is fantastic. From being ideally located, connected to the Skyway, complimentary breakfast, indoor pool, large spacious rooms to the clean modern decor; will definitely return. Another nice touch for travelers with wheel bags or those in a wheelchair/mobility limitations there are ramps to take you to the breakfast / dining areas so there is no need to struggle with wheeled bags on stairs or taking the elevator. For such a large hotel it was very quiet and a nice retreat after a hectic days of business meetings. All in all a fantastic hotel with helpful staff (restaurants, map of the Skyway, etc.).

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear MelanieW542,
Thank you for the 5 point review. It sounds like you had a great time during your stay. I hope to see you when youl return in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off, the photo of the exterior is NOT accurate, the hotel is tan/beige brick, not red or brown like the photo. It also still has the old windows, from the 70's? This building is not new, its renovated, and old. I found the entrance a drag, just 2 spaces to park, then you need to take a express elevator that never shows up, to the 8th floor. I finally just pushed the other elevators button and got a elevator after standing there 5 minutes. Once in the hotel, oh my, what a dull setting, and very cold, i felt as if I was in a college dorm, or a hotel in China, where I traveled for 8 months.

The room never heated up, was 67 when I check in, and 3 hours later, was 70. In morning, its was 71...I did move rooms, but when I got the new room, it was 66, and the heat didn't blow anything resembling warm, so i went back to my old rooms where at least it was already 68 ish...

They sent a engineer to my room, but that did nothing.

The room is huge, like a two bedroom, and the bath is nice, but its very stark, not inviting or warm, and the windows small. All rooms open to a inside atrium that is as inviting as a warehouse in Russia...god, who designed this interior, a ex felon from 20 years in prison?

The breakfast was not hot, barely warm.

This hotel is not in a great area of the city to access nightlife, dining, thats for sure.

This is the last hotel I would stay in. The Aloft would be a much better choice for the money...

I like Hyatt Places, but this place is really budget, and not a place you want to spend any time.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear MotoSurf,
Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. As you pointed out, the hotel has recently gone through a $20 million renovation. The pictures on our website are very accurate and I believe the color difference was caused by the picture being taken at dusk instead of during the daylight hours. The interior and rooms do have very clean non-cluttered lines that use lots of brown and silver colors. I can see perhaps the Asian theme reference. We are not a trendy off the wall hotel, but rather one that offers larger more spacious rooms with dual 42” LED TVs in each living area. We are at the quieter end of town, but definitely have our share of bars and restaurants that one can walk to or perhaps you can relax in our bar with some great happy hour specials. I do hope that you will try us again and believe you will enjoy what the area has to offer especially as the city starts to warm up for the summer.

Carlos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

The room was fantastic! It was a standard room but was like a 2 room suite. King size bed, bathroom and TV in one room, pull out couch, full size dining table and TV in the other. Perfect for my husband and I and our two kids! The price was great too! The breakfast area and items available to eat were amazing. It was nice for once not to have to worry about rushing down to breakfast just so you get a seat or something warm to eat. The Hyatt Place had plenty of room and the food was great! I especially loved the oatmeal and the fruit & yogurt parfaits! I didn't even go to the pool area, so I am not able to rate that but I believe they had 2 small hot tubs in addition to the pool and a fitness area. We were on the 4th floor and didn't have too much of a problem with traffic noise. Nothing that kept me from getting a good nights sleep. It is nice that the skyway system attaches to the Nicolett Mall. Very convenient! The only complaint that I have is that on Saturday night, the room next door to us started a party at 1:00am and was still going strong at 3:30am. So much for quiet hours. All things considered, this is a very nice hotel in a convenient downtown location. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the downtown Minneapolis area!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2015
Dear Michelle D,
Thank you for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. You highlighted many of our fabulous features such as the room size, TV's, breakfast, skyway access, and other areas. It is always great to hear all the postives. I hope the staff helped make it a great stay as well. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Been to Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown? Share your experiences!