“Awesome place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown

You added Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   425 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415 (Formerly Comfort Suites) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Carlos
“Awesome place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room was fantastic! It was a standard room but was like a 2 room suite. King size bed, bathroom and TV in one room, pull out couch, full size dining table and TV in the other. Perfect for my husband and I and our two kids! The price was great too! The breakfast area and items available to eat were amazing. It was nice for once not to have to worry about rushing down to breakfast just so you get a seat or something warm to eat. The Hyatt Place had plenty of room and the food was great! I especially loved the oatmeal and the fruit & yogurt parfaits! I didn't even go to the pool area, so I am not able to rate that but I believe they had 2 small hot tubs in addition to the pool and a fitness area. We were on the 4th floor and didn't have too much of a problem with traffic noise. Nothing that kept me from getting a good nights sleep. It is nice that the skyway system attaches to the Nicolett Mall. Very convenient! The only complaint that I have is that on Saturday night, the room next door to us started a party at 1:00am and was still going strong at 3:30am. So much for quiet hours. All things considered, this is a very nice hotel in a convenient downtown location. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the downtown Minneapolis area!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mason City, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Walking around this place there are details, little details that I notice. I said to myself, someone cared enough to think of something that little. Rooms, food, all were great. Robb at the bar took great care of me during my stay.

• Stayed January 2015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm a loyal Hilton gal, but this was close to where I'd be having meetings and I found a good deal online. Big mistake.

The room is very spacious and well decorated. Unfortunately, it was very cold outside and the heat in my room did not work. After repeated calls to the desk, a maintenance person came to attempt to fix it. He acknowledged it was, in fact, blowing A/C-like cold air despite our best efforts to fiddle w the thermostat.

The hotel seemed pretty much vacant, but the desk insisted there were no available rooms to move to and suggested I use the afghan from the suite's living room. Seriously. After much protest, they admitted there were open rooms, but they weren't ready for use. I said I didn't care, as long as the heat worked. So I moved.

Guess what. No heat in that room either. Same maintenance guy attempted to fix it. At this point, he offered to leave and go buy soup for me, he felt so bad.

Called the desk. The incompetent, seriously rude person there - who had suggested the afghan - said 'if you're that cold, don't sleep in the bed. Sleep on the couch in your room.' I reminded her that the entire suite had one HVAC system, so the couch was just as frigid. She then said she was at a loss as to help me and hung up.

At this point it was after midnight, I was exhausted, so I doubled up the comforter and shivered all night. Complained again when I checked out. No offer to comp or reduce my rate. No apologies. Just some lame excuse about how they don't clean all of the rooms in slower season, so one wasn't ready.

Later, I got some email from the manager offering one free night stay if I'm ever staying there again. Not remotely likely.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Beth B,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review, especially since it was from a stay almost a year ago back in March 2014. I'm extremely disappointed to hear about your experienceand. I can say that we have learned and corrected alot since March 2014. This was a few months after we opened the hotel. Even though you declined the offer, I am glad that someone on my staff tried to make the situation right by inviting you back for a free night. It certainly isn't the service we are known for.

Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Working in Minneapolis in the dead of winter is no great pleasure, but it's nice to return from work to a large, well appointed room at the downtown Hyatt Place. The accommodations are quite nice in the somewhat spartan setting of snowbound Minneapolis. The bar is cozy and the food is adequate, if somewhat limited. It's not as upscale as other Hyatt properties, but it serves its purpose admirably. The wifi connection is very good and free so there's added value I might not have expected.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Steve H.,
Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor. The winters in MN are indeed cold and snowy. Downtown does not show itself off best in the cold. As you mentioned, we are a limited service hotel and brand with limited selections when it comes to food. Our brand does have a full service side int he Hyatt Regency if you are looking for more services. I hope our room size an additional amenties such as free breakfast will bring you back in the future.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We appreciate staying at the Hyatt Place Hotels because they are consistent; clean, comfortable, a good value for the money, nice amenities, good breakfasts. We can always be sure that we will get exactly what we thought we would get, staying at the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Jay S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Mary,
Thank you for the five point review on your last stay. I am happy to hear that we met all your needs making the stay enjoyable. I hope to see you again in the future.

Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel on a Friday night in December. Hotel check in was easy. Just remember that it is on the 7th floor. The lobby was well kept and looked and smelled new. Our room was n the 6th floor away from the elevators. It was huge! There was a living room area with a sectional couch and large screen TV, mini fridge, coffee pot, etc.. The bathroom was very modern with glass shower doors and great tile work. The bedroom was very large. There was the king bed, a dresser, large flat screen TV, a wardrobe closet, with ironing board and a rack for your suitcase.

They have happy hour from 5 to 7pm. Prices were great! (Figure $3 for a beer or house wine)

The free hot breakfast was great. Lots to choose from: eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit, cottage cheese, etc...

The only thing this hotel lacks is a full restaurant. They have bar food you can order 24 hours a day but the prices are high and choices are limited. If you want a nice sit down meal, this is not the place.

All and all this was a great hotel, accommodations were great and staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paaws1,
Thank you for the terrific review on TripAdvisor. It appears that you enjoyed your stay and got to participate in our happy hour. The prices do range mostly between $3-$5. Our brand is a limited service, as you found out, and does not have a full restaurant in any location that I know of. To get a full service restaurant you would need to stay at the Hyatt Regency. I hope that this will not keep you away in the future and hope to see you return.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My fiancé and I stayed here December 27-29th of this year. We stayed for the Bears Vikings game. It was extremely easy to get there from the airport. It was a two block walk from the blue line. Everyone on staff was extremely helpful. They gave us great suggestions. The bartender at the hotel even had a map for us that showed where places were near the hotel and how many blocks away. We ate at Hell's Kitchen which was extremely interesting, more of a gothic type place. We had great food that we have never even heard of before- ham and pear sandwich? awesome! The next day we enjoyed our free continental breakfast and hung out at the pool in the morning before the Bears game. We walked two blocks to the green line and it took us straight to the stadium (the college stadium because the dome is under construction). The lines are 1.75 for two hours or 3.50 for a day pass. We had a great time! Our last day we had a later flight so we took the blue line all the way to the Mall of America and were able to use lockers to hold our bags while we explored. We aren't exactly mall people, but it was fun to see. Then we took the blue line to the airport. Everything is very easy to get to especially from the location of the hotel. The staff was great and the ONLY complaint we had the whole time we were there was that we had to ask for pool towels two times. You can't get much more than that! The rooms were very spacious. We had a king deluxe and enjoyed it as well as the view from our room!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hvherna,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad that even though you found our restaurant selection as being a little on the odd side, that you still loved the food. It is actually one of my favorite spots to eat at because of the food. I hope to see you on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Been to Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown? Share your experiences!