The entire hotel was spacious. There are essentially two lobbies - one by the dining and bar area and one by the separately enclosed pool. Plenty of room to get some personal space. The pool was nice and clean, the pool area was clean and had plenty of towels and a nice hot tub.
We had a room with a king bed and a pullout couch - but I have to say that the feel of the space was that it used to be an apartment due to the amount of square footage. If I had to guess it is 650-700 sq ft! We are a family of four (boys 9 and 11) and it was very comfortable. It slept like a one bedroom apartment without a bedroom door.
We were there to explore the city and a Twins game. The transit train to Target Field is just down the street. Very convenient and quick. If you like a nice walk, it's not far to the river, Mill Ruins park and the Stone Arch Bridge.
The staff was very friendly, the breakfast was solid - which is something you can expect from a Hyatt Place. Tip : if you're parking in the garage, be sure and let them know at the desk so they can give you a validation ticket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newly renovated Hyatt Place, perfectly situated in downtown Minneapolis. Following the recently completed $20 million dollar transformation, guests will enjoy a striking new lobby, 213 luxurious suites, meeting facilities, pool area, workout facilities and a brand new restaurant and bar. Connected to the cities iconic climate controlled Skyway, you are mere minutes away from the Convention Center, expansive shopping options, amazing restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. You're within walking distance to the home of the Minnesota Twins, Target Field, location of the 2014 MLB All-Star game. You're also a short walk to Mall of America Field, home of the Minnesota Vikings. Located less than three blocks away from the revolutionary Hiawatha Light Rail, you can travel easily to and from the MSP International airport as well as the world renowned Mall of America. A short stroll to the Mississippi waterfront is home to the Mill City District. Rich in history, the area boasts fine dining, striking views of Saint Anthony Falls, gorgeous parks, and extensive walking and bike paths ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Minneapolis
- Comfort Suites Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Embassy Suites