“So helpful!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Eden Prairie MN
“So helpful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Yesterday I was at the U with my daughter and my cell phone had 10% battery - my dad was about to go in for surgery at another hospital and I absolutely had to have my phone for my mom to be able to reach me. I thought that being on a college campus I shouldn't have any trouble finding a charger. Unfortunately I have an iPhone 5 so think again. I walked all around near the Aquatic center looking and couldn't find anything. I noticed the Days Inn and thought if any where knows it will be a hotel, but I was completely amazing and overwhelmed by the helpfulness of the staff. I believe it was the manager (unfortunately did not get her name) who went over and beyond helping me, suggesting her shuttle driver run be down University and drive around to find a phone store. Then the person at the front desk suggested calling the bookstore, he did and found they carry one but were closing in 15 mins. She had the shuttle driver run me down to it (further than I could possibly have walked in 15 mins). This hotel staff completely rescued me out of a difficult and potentially bad situation. If they are this good to a non-staying costumer I can't imagine how wonderful they must be to their guests!! THANK YOU Days Inn!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I made reservations 4 days in advance. Fast checking in. VERY helpful and courteous front desk staff. Comfortable beds.
Clean, quiet, safe, lighted parking. Restaurants within walking distance.
Sufficient complimentary breakfast with great hours.
Would stay again any time I'm in Minneapolis.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The best Days Inn I've ever stayed in. Also the highest price ... but the price is fair for the quality. Everything was spotlessly clean and well kept. My only complaints - no microwave in the room (there was a fridge). Also the breakfast area had coffee/hot water in thermoses. I like hot tea in the morning and had to settle for luke-warm tea both mornings. One of those plug-in coffee makers with a hot water tap would be a good addition to their breakfast area.

Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

As a single traveller arriving into Twin Cities without hotel reservations, this filled the bill. Cory S. the Front Desk staff who doubled as Courtesy van driver was terrific. Although I didn't use the service, it was great to see Laundry facilities. Courtesy shuttle to Light train the following day was also helpful. Great to see fresh fruit at breakfast, but it is heavy on carbs, so some protein might be nice. Offer almond packets (like Southwest Airlines) or a jar of peanut butter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Minneapolis/Univ of Minnesota? Share your experiences!