“Really great option in BP” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 1,622 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Thai
Minneapolis, MN
“Really great option in BP”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place recently had an extensive renovation and the atmosphere really adds to the experience. They have a fun menu and our food was full of flavor. The people working there are great as well.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, MN
“Surprise in the Jungle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's hard to go wrong here...especially the curries.

Must Have
--------------
+ Angel Wings (pork-stuffed chicken wings)

Very Good
+ Holy Basil
+ Red Curry
+ Chang (beer)
+ Singha (beer)

Good
-------------
+ Spring Rolls
+ Beer Lao
+ Roast Duck Curry (duck was overcooked in this instance, if that weren't the case the curry was "Very Good")
+ Pineapple Fried Rice
+ Cashew Nut with Chicken

Take It Or Leave It
-------------
? Chicken Lo Mein (very bland, tasted like plain vegetable oil on the noodles)

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is a place I really enjoy. It is in the north suburbs of Minneapolis, but it never disappoints me. The food is outstanding, and the people that run and work at the place are great.

It is a little out of the way on the back side of a shopping area, but worth going to.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The Green Curry was Fantastic! Service is friendly & knowledgeable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I think we have a new Thai favorite. Our family visited for my wife's birthday and we were very pleased. We started with the crispy wings and the shrimp egg rolls. Both were hot and fresh. My daughter ordered a noodle bowl and it was huge! My son ordered the drunken noodles. They were good, too. Ample portion and full of flavor. My wife had clear noodles with seafood. Lots of shrimp and calamari. I had the green curry with chicken and it was the best I have ever had. Too bad you can't lick the plate in public. We ordered the beef laab (number five hotness) to share and it was a winner, too. Lots of beef, tripe and red thai peppers. Our server was friendly and knew the menu. I quizzed her on the order numbers briefly and she Aced it. They have beer and wine and a well decorated ambiance. Our hats are off to the chef for a great meal and nice experience.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

First impression wasn't as good as the reviews. Guess I was expecting more based on the great comments. Server was very friendly and helpful. The spring rolls were very good. I have the creamy crunch and it was a bit spicy and monotonus in flavor. It was a very good peanut sauce, but not enough chicken in the dish. My companion had a curry and the sauce was very runny, he prefers a thicker sauce. The atmosphere is nice, but it was not busy on a Saturday night. Quite a distance from our area of town. Probably wouldn't make another special trip to visit, but would go if in the area to try it again.

Visited July 2011