“The best business stay of my life...what a great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   405 South Eighth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
West Fargo, North Dakota
“The best business stay of my life...what a great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is the place to stay in downtown Minneapolis, It starts with Manager, Mike; very professional, personable and geniune. It was immediately obvious that he is an experience Innkeeper. It was very important to him that I enjoyed my stay. On one occasion, Mike picked me up from the Minneapolis Convention Center in his personal vehicle because the hotel's courtesy van was going to be busy with a large group of other guests at the hotel. All of the front desk employees were very professional and helpful, but also very personable. I enjoyed my conversations with Jeff and Nathan....very nice young men. The Hotel's restaurant was outstanding. The restaurant Manager was also incredibly personal and treated each customer as though they were the only patrons in the restaurant. The food was OUTSTANDING. One of the best meals I have ever had. It was not a regular menu item (but it should be). It was the restaurants monthly special and it was incredible. My room was clean, comfortable and the interior was modern and welcoming. I was there was for 3 nights and I completely appreciated every aspect of my stay at the Best Western Normandy. I would dare say it was every bit the quality of any 4 or 5 star resort I have ever stayed. Great hotel.....I look forward to staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

What a delightful stay at the Normandy inn! I recently stayed here for 2 nights on business and found the staff to be a cut above what I normally find on business trips. The restaurant had good food, the room was spacious and clean, and the help was universally cordial and willing to provide all services I requested.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

This was our second stay at The Normandy. Friends in our group had their vehicle broken into in the parking lot. Compensation was free parking. The location was suitable for our activity. Our family is very "green" and certainly not opposed to sleeping on the same sheets or reusing towels. In connection with this we did forgo housekeeping one day but asked for 2 additional towels for our family of 4. I even went down to the front desk myself instead of creating the inconvenience of staff bringing the towels to our room. The night manager and front desk clerk presented me with 2 towels and 2 washcloths and informed me that "this is an exception. Each room is provided 4 towels and no addiional towels are to be provided." When I informed them that we had indeed reused our towels once and the number of replacement towels was less that the number of guests in our room they did agree that I could have fresh towels.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

The hotel reminded me a little bit of my grandfather's Knights of Columbus building in Detroit. It is obvious the place has been around awhile but my room had a flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi.
This is also located on the quiet end of downtown. There is not much happening in the vicinity and you need to go a few blocks down to find any decent dining or nightlife. The parking lot is HUGE and empty yet they still charged me $7.00 which I thought was sort of silly.
The staff is nice and if you want a decent inexpensive place to lay your head, this will fit the bill.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I just stayed at a hotel and my experience was so great, I decided to write a review. I have travelled for work for the past 8 years and stayed at many hotels. I have not written a review until now. I feel that this property went above and beyond to make me feel welcome and comfortable. The front desk staff greeted me with a smile, which is nice at the end of a long travel day. The rooms were like those of much more expensive hotels that I have stayed in for a fraction of the price. There were lovely linens and the beds were very comfortable. The showers were huge and the bathrooms were tiled and I felt like I was staying in an upscale hotel. The rooms were immaculate and the flat screen tv in the living room was a nice touch. I decided to have a glass of wine at the bar and again was impressed with the decor, the staff and the product. ( The crab cakes were fabulous ) I then walked around to find out where the workout room was and again was assisted with a smile by the hotel staff. The workout room was great and the hotel from the front desk to the pool , to the restaurant to my room was clean and well cared for. I found out from the staff that this property is family run. You can tell they care about their business and guests. The hotel was quiet when I wanted to sleep and I rested well.
I had an early breakfast in the restaurant before my meetings and it was fabulous ! The pancakes were the best I have had anywhere ! The coffee was superb. I truly enjoyed my experience at this home away from home. Great attention was paid to every detail of
my stay. I will be seeing you again soon Normand Inn ! Rebecca

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
duluth MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

not only is this hotel a very nice place to stay but it is so close to some very nice bars and restaurants off Nicollet ave .
the rooms are fantastic and you can tell that a lot of time went into making them look nice and keep them clean. a perfect location in downtown with a FANTASTIC gem of a restaurant inside.
there is so much character in this hotel that me and my girlfriend couldnt help but fall in love with it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

The website photos don't do this hidden gem justice. This a family-owned hotel and you can feel the pride of ownership from the minute you walk in. It's very clean and all the rooms are newly remodeled with wonderful tile in bathroom, flat screen tv's, and quality linen. We had a poolside room that was elegant. Things I liked? Good design, clean, elegant yet cozy, pool (which is hard to find in downtown Mpls), location (close to the dome, downtown restaurants) easy parking (has lot that is $7 a day vs. $20 at other downtown hotels), and love the location to the train.

I can't wait to go back. I'm planning a girls weekend in April. I booked a fireplace suite and a poolside room. Can't wait to go back!

Oh, excellent service by front desk staff Mikey (girl), Patty and Don.

Don't let the outside fool you. This is a diamond in the rough. Value, location, quality...recipe for a good time in my book.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!