“Wonderul location, wonderful staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   405 South Eighth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
arizona
“Wonderul location, wonderful staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

I just wanted to drop a quick note to say what a pleasant stay I had at the downtown B/W Normandy. The cental location allowed me to walk the town, including the Walker and stroll the wonderful outdoor sculpture gardens on a clear, fall, Veterans Day.

I would highly recommend the B/W Normandy to any type of traverler, Ken Kennedy

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Casa Grande, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Well kept older downtown hotel. We stayed for the Vikings-Lions
game and were pleased with the quality, service and location. Easy
safe walk to the game. 2 blocks from light rail which worked well for
our short weekend stay for the game so no rent a car required!
Great Restaurant....check out the Walleye Dinner!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
mpls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

We gathered to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the University of MN School of Nursing. My friends and I graduated in 1961 and have pursued many different paths in nursing, medicine and social work. We found the Normandy a perfect venue for our get-together. Staff provided a shuttle for us to go to our gala celebration at the Convention Center.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Well appointed lobby and roomy suites. Easy walking distance to downtown shopping and entertainment. Very good restaurant, with wide menu selections served in a warm and quiet atmosphere. Fantastic complimentary freshly-baked cookies and milk served at 10 pm.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Winona Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

I was impressed with the clean, very updated rooms. Staff was very helpful with directions and who to order pizza from at 2 a.m:). Bed was very comfortable, had plenty of towels. The only thing was our room smelled strongly of cigeratte smoke even though the hotel is smoke free. Our friends were in the room next to us and their room did not smell at all, so we just had someone breaking the rules in our room, unfortunately. They do accept AAA discount so be sure to ask for it! Parking overnight was $7.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

My wife, our Shih Tzu (Google) and I travelled to Minneapolis on vacation. The Normandy Inn and Suites offered a great location, in house kitchen and reasonable rates. I chose the King Suite expecting a King bed in a large room. I was pleasantly surprised to find the suite with two large rooms with a door separating the outer room from the bedroom. The bathroom was large and modern featuring a glass enclosed shower. The suite rivaled suites I was accustomed to staying in at the Bellagio. The outer room had a nice work desk, couch, recliner and large flat screen HDTV. The wireless internet worked flawlessly. The room was great and the food was supurb. The Normandy has a scratch kitchen with an extensive menu. I ate breakfast in the kitchen each morning during our 4-day stay. In the evening, my wife and I enjoyed room service. Hats off to Nick and Sarah for making the room service an excellent experience. The Inn Keeper, Mr. Mike Noble stopped at my table one morning to ask me how I was enjoying my stay. We spoke for a while and I explained to him that the last time I ate at the Normandy Kitchen was for my high school prom supper in 1960. I was pleased to tell him the food was as good now as it was then. Mr. Noble is a 3rd generation Inn Keeper at the Normandy. His pride in the property and his attention to detail is obvious. Whether you are on vaction or on a business trip, I recommend the Normandy Inn and Suites as the best hotel value in downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I traveled as a woman alone to business seminar in Minneapolis. I stayed at Normandy Inn for 2 nights .. I felt very safe. Lovely Lobby area-rooms very secure quiet atmosphere for sleeping . Great location !!. Desk staff very friendly and helpful

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites

Address: 405 South Eighth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Location: United States > Minnesota > Minneapolis > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Romantic Hotel in Minneapolis
#3 Best Value Hotel in Minneapolis
#4 Family Hotel in Minneapolis
#6 Business Hotel in Minneapolis
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western The Normandy Inn And Suites
Best Western The Normandy Hotel Minneapolis
Best Western Normandy Inn
Best Western Minneapolis
Minneapolis Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.