“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   405 South Eighth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Chicago, IL
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stay in a suite, and the room was huge and very clean. The location is great, close to convention center. Also they have a shuttle that dropped you off at the convention center. They need improve on their customer service. Staff is not the very friendly. I understand it was a busy time, as several convention were going. However, no one ever greeted me. Also My room was not ready at 3pm. I ask to actually move to my room a few minutes, early since I had a conference call to take. However, I feel like since I asked my room was purposely delay. The lady I spoke with was very rude when I made the request to check in few minutes ahead of check in time. She never apologize or try to do anything to accommodate me so I could have some private to take my 3pm call.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jeff J, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations, shuttle service and location, however, I am very troubled to hear about your customer service experience. Our staff is very friendly and will always go above and beyond to meet our guests needs. If you would like to discuss this matter more you can contact Jeff directly at 612.370.1400. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the customer service experience you deserve!

575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Blue Ash, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The enbience of the motel was great, and beautiful. The staff was excellent. The rooms were clean and quiet. The staff would do anything they could for you. We would definately recommend this motel to anyone who might ask.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! Your positive comments and recommendation are very important to us. We look forward to being of service to you again soon!
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My fiancee and I traveled to Minneapolis in early August for a short vacation. We had booked our stay through one of the popular travel sites that offer discounts. We thought that we had booked a single king room. However, when we showed up to the hotel, the only room that they had available was one with two queens. Apparently, the booking site that we used lied to us and there was not a single king room available during at least one of the days. The staff was wonderful in working with us and accomodated us for the remainder of our stay (sans night one) with a wonderfully comfortable king suite! Additionally, we used the hotel's shuttle service to go to a Twins game and it was wonderfully convenient. The hotel is in a great location for walking to places like Nicollet Mall and the light rail stop is only a few blocks away, which provides access to the Mall of America. Overall, the hotel was comfortable, though we did have a very noisy neighbor on night one, which management took care of promptly. I would definitely stay there again, and would recommend it to others!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor! I am so glad that we were able to make things right with your room type and noisy neighbor. We really appreciate your positive comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Champlin, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I made last minute reservations to stay the night for our Anniversary! We were greeted with a CONGRATULATIONS!!!! The room we were supposed to get got trashed from the guests the prior night so we were moved to another room and given a discount!!!! The staff was fantastic and couldn't have been more helpful!!!! Thank You Again and can't wait to come visit again!!!

Room Tip: The corner suites are very spacious and clean!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! I love to hear stories of when our front desk goes above and beyond what you would expect from your average hotel. Thank you for sharing your review with us and we can't wait to see you again!
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location is great for walking around downtown Minneapolis. They shuttled us to the Twins game, and we were able to walk back afterwards. The one compliant we have is the thermostat and air conditioner were very loud kicking in. It probably woke us up 10-15 times that night. For us, sleep quality is most important for a hotel, because we don't spend alot of time at the hotel if we aren't sleeping.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor! I am sorry to hear that you had a faulty hvac unit. If reported we can either fix the unit if it is a quick solution or move you to a more suitable room. If you would wish to stay with us again feel free to contact Jeff directly at 612.370.1400 and I will personally ensure a room that is comfortable and allows for a great night sleep!
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel staff here was very helpful and professional. We ate at a staff recommended restaurant in the area and loved it! The room was updated and well appointed. The hotel rooms and public areas and hallways were large and roomy which is unusual for a metro hotel so that was a nice bonus!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your very kind review you posted on Tripadvisor! We are happy we could be of service to you. I hope you will have a chance to come visit us again soon at the timeless and classic Normandy Inn & Suites!
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently spent 2 days at this hotel while visiting Minneapolis. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, only a few blocks from the convention center, shopping, restaurants, Target Field and Target Center.

The hotel is quite nice and well kept. Our room was clean and comfortable and enough space to just relax. All of the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, always helpful with suggestions.

I would not hesitate to stay here again as it is in a great location, wonderful rooms and is quite affordable.

Stayed August 14-16

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites on your latest visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable while staying at The Normandy. Our whole staff really appreciates your positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!