“Bad experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   405 South Eighth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is outdated but in a very convinient location in the heart of downtown Minneaapolis. Cookies and milk at night is great and free shuttle... other than that,front desk is amazing..

When I checked in into our room, we hve those 2 queen beds and there was a nasty,dirty washcloth hanging hidden by the end of shower curtain, under our bed was wrappers of candies and
condoms.. I was disgusted but since me and my family are to stay for new years eve we did not relly demand for anything even thou we shouldhve. We paid for a full price but checked in into a room that seems like wasn't cleaned properly. I talked to front desk aabout it and I assumed they talked to the right personnel for doing such aa horrible job.

Another thing is that personnels walking with radios should be on low in the guest room hallways. I heard this woman talking on her radio all out loud and I peak outside my door nd there is this middle aged woman and kinda told her to lower it hold.. we are not in the projects for sake.

In all, we wouldn't stay there no more. I was expecting but somehow from the mangemnt will come to us and apologize for the dirty things we found in our room but I guess management itself doesn't pay attention to these kind of things...

• Stayed December 2012
Nocodemus, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
We are very sorry your room had not been inspected and cleaned correctly before you checked into it. Our hotel rooms should be perfectly maintained, perfectly supplied and perfectly cleaned before guests check into them. You paid for an experience that you did not receive, and we understand why this is troubling for you. Unfortunately, we were not aware of thismatter until reading about it on your Trip Advisor posting.

You did not receive what you paid for, and you were inconvenienced. Though we cannot un-do what has happened, we would like to refund your room and tax charges for your New Year's Eve stay, or offer a free room for a future night, which ever you prefer. Please contact us so we can make these arrangements.

The Normandy Inn has a well established reputation of cleanliness. We hope you'll allow us to be of service again, and fully trust your future visits to The Normandy Inn will be entirely enjoyable..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Had a nice stay while interviewing for a job in this city. Came in on a late flight (11pm) and was hungry, so I was happy to see the free cookies to hold me over until the morning. Front desk staff was polite although not overly friendly and a bit curt. I guess it was close to midnight and he was probably tired.

Room was very clean, and great location downtown. My suggestion if you come from the airport - save yourself the $50 cab fare and take transit for $1.75. There's a light rail station 2 blocks from the hotel (<5 mins walk). I took it on my way back and wish I had done it both ways! Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jeff J, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing The Best Western Normandy Inn & Suites as your preferred hotel when traveling to Downtown Minneapolis. Our freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and milk served nightly are always a big hit with our valuable hotel guests. We are so glad you enjoyed them! We pride ourselves as having a friendly polite staff and put a large emphasis on cleanliness so I value your feedback. I also thank you for your insightful tips on how to use the public transportation for navigating your way through our wonderful city as future readers will appreciate it.
Chicago, Illinois, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Trip started off well enough, I booked 3 rooms, needed one switched to 2 beds, accomodation made. Was great! Last night there, my friends wallet was stolen out of the bar. When he asked the front desk for help, they were resistant. Manager Joe had a terrible attitude, was not compassionate at all, and when he finally called the police at our request (after 15 minutes of discussion) he told the police over the phone that we were "belligerent drunks" while standing in front of us and making a point to look us in the eye when he did it. Additionally, the lady working the desk (Heidi) swore at us several times, and when we turned to the manager for reasoning he stated "she had a long day". I stay in hotels several times a year for both business and pleasure, and I will never ever save a few dollars and not stay in a Hilton Property. The service I recieved here was worse than I would expect out of a motel 6 on their worst day. I would strongly recommend some hospitality training for these folks if they are going to employed in the hospitality business- specifically if they are going to have a title in management. This was absolutely the worst that I have ever been treated in such an establishment. Stay away!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nocodemus, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
The circumstances around the events of the evening in question are not clearly stated in your comment. We understand your wallet and cell phone went missing from a table top in our very crowded bar after the Bear-Vikings game last Sunday. This is understandably troubling and of great concern. However, your associate then engaged in a loud, explitive laden rant at our front desk. You and your friend then mocked our front desk attendant for having a "Minnesota Accent". Overall, your friend's behavior was disruptive to other hotel guests. In two words, he was rude and insulting. I'm sorry the experience was negative for us all. I hope you and your friend find a hotel in the future that is most uniquely suited to handle your needs.

As Innkeeper at the Normandy Inn and Suites, I'm entirely confident our guests will enjoy superb customer service, as is evident in our numerous favorable guest comments.
Blaine, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was our second stay at the hotel, first time in poolside rooms. Access to the pool for us, our adult children and three grandchildren. One of our rooms was the larger suite at the end of the pool area near the exit, VERY roomy, couch, two comfortable though slightly worn chairs, two queens, micro, fridge, desk, flatscreen. The only drawback to the pool area was that in the evening it was almost to cold to sit at the tables and chairs around the pool area. over all would recommend this hotel. Front desk staff were also extremely helpful!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nocodemus, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for selecting the Best Western Normandy Inn and Suites as your preferred hotel on your recent visit to Minneapolis. We're very pleased to know you enjoyed our ammenities and your overall stay here. I am sorry that the pool area was too cold for you. The heating unit for that area was not functioning and is now repaired. Please contact the manager here at the Normandy if you have any further concerns about this. I fully trust the pool area will be entirely comfortable on your next visit.

We look forward to being of service on your next trip to Minneapolis.
Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in early November. Quaint hotel, excellent staff & the best room-service ever. Food was amazing (my husband had steak frites which he loved & I had a great pot pie) . Had a problem with A/C but I'm sure that's fixed now. Charming hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff J, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Normandy Inn & Suites. Our energetic staff really appreciates the feedback as they go the "extra mile" to provide a superior customer service experience. The Normandy Kitchen Cafe and Bar has also spent numerous hours perfecting their craft to provide classic, comfortable and timeless menu options. We look forward to being of service on your next visit to beautiful downtown Minneapolis!
Lakeland, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very convenient location in downtown - an easy walk to Nicollet Mall. Only 1 1/2 blocks to rail system, which we used to get to the airport & Mall of America. Their on-site restaurant was very good, also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nocodemus, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for selecting the Best Western Normandy Inn and Suites as your prefered hotel on your recent visit to Minneapolis. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed our convenient, downtown location, and discovered the near-by light rail service to the airport and Mall of America. Also, thank your favorable review of the Normandy Kitchen Cafe and Bar. We look forward to being of service on your next visit to our fair city.
duluth, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is the second time in a few months we've stayed at the Normandy Inn. On both occasions we had newly redocorated rooms which were extremely nice. We had a two room suite which was lovely. Parking is inexpensive and convenient. The adjoining restaurant is handy for grabbing breakfast before you hit the road.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nocodemus, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for selecting The Best Western Normandy Inn and Suites as your preferred hotel in Minneapolis. We're delighted you found everything to your liking. We'll keep the Normandy Inn as the best hotel value in Minneapolis. Our rooms have recently been re-designed and appointed with the most current finishes and ammenities, though we offer a price that's as much as 50% lower than other hotels in our downtown area.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!