The best thing about this place was the location, close to Nicollet Mall and downtown restaurants and shopping, and at a reasonable rate. But it's also a nice place to stay.
It's huge, occupies an entire block, and obviously has been around for a while (since 1941, I think). The lobby and indoor spaces all scream "grand old downtown hotel" with paneling, a grand piano, fancy tile floors. But the exterior is very motelish - two stories, outside done up in what I guess is supposed to be Normandy country style with stucco and beams, and a big parking lot ($7 to park), so it doesn't have the claustrophobic feeling of a lot of old urban hotels. The rooms are normal comfortable modern rooms with nice decor. Room had everything I wanted except no refrigerator.
No free breakfast - you buy it in the restaurant, which was quite good, and a bit pricey, and also had that 1950s elegance vibe. I had bacon and eggs, with an English muffin which was awesome, thick and solid, not like the ones you buy in the grocery store. Service was leisurely paced, fitting the venue, but not very good if you're in a hurry to get going (I wasn't).
- Also Known As:
- Best Western The Normandy Inn And Suites
- Best Western The Normandy Hotel Minneapolis
- Best Western The Normandy Hotel
- Best Western Normandy Inn
- Best Western Normandy
- Best Western Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Best Western
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Best Western, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS The Normandy Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.