“Delicious Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #302 of 1,622 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Bakeries, Delicatessen, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Be'wiched Deli is the first, truly chef-driven deli in this part of the country.We feature house-cured and smoked meats, fresh bakery items and fast service.We believe in old world culinary traditions by supporting sustainable, local and organic agriculture whenever possible. The meat we use is raised by farmers who do not believe in using hormones or antibiotics. We cure and smoke our meats in house, then slow cook for exquisite taste and tenderness.We provide custom menus for any special occasion you have. Whether it's in our home at Be'Wiched or in your home, we make it fun and tasty. We cater weddings, groom dinners, graduations, bridal showers or whatever it is you are celebrating.
“Delicious Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My sister brought me here for lunch because she was craving the egg salad sandwich. I had a hard time deciding what to get because everything sounded so good. It's nice that they have the option to do a combo, so that's what I did. I decided on the potato salad and poached chicken sandwich. The servers were so friendly and helpful. The food was promptly brought out and it looked great! It was also nice that there was a little spoonful of another salad on the plate to try. Can't wait to go back and try some other things!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Minneapolis, MN
“Great 'sandwich' shop in Minneapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very consistent quality - thoughtful ingrediants. Visit the place once a month while in the North Loop area on business. Inexpensive, fresh breads, soups are interesting as well.

Visited March 2013
Anoka, Minnesota
“Best Pastrami Sandwich in Minneapolis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have eaten my fair share of pastrami sandwiches around the Twin Cities, and I was just saying to my husband, I think I need to go back to Be'wiched and double check that it really is the best when my parents called to see if we wanted to play hooky for a day and go out to lunch and an art museum. My dad is a pastrami aficionado so I figured he'd be a good judge. One bite almost moved him to tears. I always order mine on an onion roll as they are homemade and amazing. There is good bite to the sandwich with a spicy mustard and horseradish tinged coleslaw on top. Soooo good. All sandwiches here are amazing. It's hard for me not to order the pastrami, but I have had the turkey which is house smoked and delicious. Love the dates that come on it. Even the ham on baguette is amazing. Again, house smoked. Some cheapskates may think the price is high, but I'd rather pay twice as much for an amazing sandwich that you will think about again and again for days after rather than $5 for a footlong that you will hope to forget as soon as you walk out of the place. You have to order anything else you want on the side, though they always put a small dollop of some kind of salad on the side. Warning - if you go there on a week day try to avoid lunch hour. We got there before 11:30 and walked right up to the counter, but soon there was a line literally out the door as clearly it's a popular spot for grab and go office workers on lunch break. Also, I love that they have real glasses for your beverages, real dishes, real cutlery. Love the atmosphere of the place too, happy orange walls, exposed brick, big booths.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Really excellent and very unique offerings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Yes, indeed, this little gem is far more than the word "deli" might imply. While it is an order-at-the-counter and take-out place, there is ample seating. The offerings are unique---the tuna confit sandwich with a special aioli is out of this world; moist and tasty. My husband and I have the P & E breakfast sandwich every Sunday morning; the homemade foccacia bread is incredible and the special sauce is just that---very special. The staff is young and friendly. I often ask to have the music turned down and they always accommodate. Be'Wiched's Thursday Date Night is the best deal in town---2-3 courses plus a bottle of wine for $36. On a recent visit the offering included an interesting and very tasty salad and a salmon entree. Delish!

• Visited January 2013
“So delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Be'Wiched is so much more than the word "deli" implies! Their house-made everything takes even a simple chicken sandwich to a whole new stratospheric level. Sandwiches are generously sized, amazingly flavorful, and always accompanied by a garnish of delicious pickles and a scoop of salad. The soups are outstanding, and a nice selection of wines and beers makes it one of my favorite places for an after-work supper. The tuna confit sandwich with preserved lemon is completely crave-able, but everything I've tried has been wonderful. The daily specials are creative, seasonal and truly special as well. The only thing I don't love is the music, which, in the evening, often seems geared towards the kitchen crew, who arebusy assembling catering orders for the next day, rather than for diners.

• Visited November 2012