“Most Excellent Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: 54th Street
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Most Excellent Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you're looking for an outstanding breakfast experience in Minneapolis, look no further! Or do look further, but definitely keep Cafe Maude on your list and absolutely go there! Nuff said... just go!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“wonderful food ~ not so wonderful service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have been to Cafe Maude twice within the month and the food is fantastic. Unfortunately both times the service we have received was terrible. From a surly bartender to a distracted server, It is a shame such a great restaurant is missing the mark on service ~ the food deserves better.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tasty cocktails, great wine list & friendly bartender”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stopped by the south Minneapolis location recently after a long absence. Enjoyed our wine & cocktail very much; the small plates for a snack didn't disappoint (pickled egg and a hummus plate with grilled pita). Love that we can just stop in on a Sunday evening - feels very comfortable and inviting.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis MN
“Funky neighborhood hang-out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Cafe Maude is a small cafe that maintains a limited menu but prepares it well. My wife and I like to meet my sons there for dinner several times a year. The atmosphere is casual and fun. While the menu is small, everyone can find something that they like to eat. There are small plates to share or traditional meals like duck breast or scallops (two of our favorites). We also take advantage of the Prix fixe that give three smaller courses and a glass of house wine for thirty dollars on Sunday and Monday nights.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Conn.
“Not a great; not a bad burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went early to avoid the rush.I already knew I wanted a Hamburger so it was an easy decision with a burger medium rare w Bacon, gruyere and fried onions. I also ordered a Ray Guy at the advice of the server. The burger arrived open-faced and I first noticed it was loaded with the onions, then a couple of slices of thick bacon and lastly the melted Gruyere cheese on top of the meat. I cut the burger in half and I was disappointed that it was more medium+ than medium rare. I placed a little ketchup on the burger and took my first bite. The meat had a mild flavor but was densely packed when pattied or the kitchen pressed the heck out of it while it cooked; The meat lost all semblance of moisture. The bacon was crispy and gave a nice saltiness, onions were little overpowering and the cheese was a non-event. It was served on a basic hamburger bun and the only accompaniment was a few slices of plum tomato and some lettuce. If I had known that fries were not included I would have ordered some. It would have been nice of the waiter to tell me. I did like the Ray Guy soda, a sweeter root beer-type of beverage.
Overall I would give it a 5 (1-10 scale) and is not worth a return visit for the burger. Maybe other items are better.

• Visited November 2012