“Great family get away, with plenty to do and friendly staff to help make your stay unbelievable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added The Westin Minneapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
White Bear Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

We thought the hotel was breath taking from the minute we walked in the door. The staff was so nice from check in to check out! The staff was very helpful giving directions and helping us with things to do in the area. The pool was well kept and relaxing. The penthouse suite is where we stayed, and it was amazing in every way! It was great with kids to have the extra space for them to play and relax. Even though we stayed in the winter months we still used the balcony and really enjoyed the view and the extra space and the kids could play and enjoy the outdoors and give mom and dad some peace and quite. I would highly recommend the Westin the next time your in Minneapolis, you will not be disapointed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

The hotel is an architectural landmark, converted into a Westin. Stylish, contemporary, comfortable, an upscale 4 star type room. My young nephews and I used the pool, which is nice and unusual looking. Good location in downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
tempe, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

I stayed at the Westin Minneapolis for two nights during the week. Overall I was very happy with my stay.

When I arrived I entered on the side of the building (on Marquette) and there was no sign directing people to the check-in desk. I was expecting a large lobby but in the place of that is the restaurant and the desk is actually hidden away in a corner. So I was a little lost a first but no big deal. Check in went smooth and I got a great room. Large in size with a huge TV and everything was very clean.

My first night there it was a little noisy. The people in the room next to me were very loud both at night and early in the morning (like 6:30AM). I also heard many doors slamming and lots of hallway noise in the AM. I was a little disappointed that the walls were so thin. but on my second night it was much quieter.

I ordered room service for breakfast which was quite good - toast, fruit and juice. Expensive but hey, it's room service. Although I think a pastry was supposed to come with it. Oh well.

The location is great. I took the lightrail from the airport and it is only about a block and a half away.

Overall I would stay again but I would ask for a corner room to hopefully cut down on some of the noise.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I have been a Starwood (SPG) Platinum member since they started the program and this hotel was the first in over 15 years with Starwood which tried to bate and switch the room rate.
Details
I called the Hotel around 10PM and ask what was their best for the night, I have stayed there 4 times in the past and like the Hotel so they gave good a rate of $109 per-night. We check in around 12:45AM and the rate was confirmed and when I checked in and the rate was on my bill under my door later that morning. But 2 days later when I got e-Mail with the Bill the Hotel change the room rate. I called the hotel and thought it was an error, well the woman at the front I spoke to notice that the rate was changed so she put me on hold and spoke to a manager. She comes back on the line and said the manager said that I was quoted a rate of over $300!!! I was shock and asked to speak to the manager. The manager was rude and argued with me and said you were not give the rate of $109 but something higher around $300 . He basically calling my wife, friend and myself a lier plus I told him I had the room bill and the key holder with the rate on it and he said I called down to have them change the rate?
I have never in my whole life been so insulated.

Avoid this Hotel but if you have to stay there get the room rate in a contract with notary

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Westinmpls, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 11, 2009
Dear Westin Guest,

Let me first appologize for the for the unfortunate situation you experienced with the rate at The Westin Minneapolis on your last visit.

Our commitment to exceptional customer service relies on our guest feedback. We recognize the value of your time away from home and simply want you to have the lodging experience you deserve and expect at a Westin Hotel.

The problem that you encounterd did not allow you to do that. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible and hassle free. Unfortunatly we failed to achieve that goal.

I invite you to call me personally at 612-656-2360, to discuss your experience and give us an opportunity to bring you back to the Westin Minneapolis. I look forward to hearing from you.

Again please accept my sincere apology,

Mark Deinhart,
General Manager Westin Minneapolis
Clovis, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I found that the hotel was well appointed and pleasant. The Bank restaurant, down stairs, exceeded expectations. Service, Selection, and quality were all top-notch. Deek, the chef on duty the night I arrived, was very friendly and prepared excellent food for this weary traveler.

The room was sufficiently large, the 37" LCD could have been positioned better but it was on a swivling arm, so I was able to pull it out and turn it toward the bed. As expected the bed was supurbly comfortable, the linens were all clean and the room was spotless when I checked in.

The service staff were all very friendly at check-in, throughout my stay, and at check-out.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Perfect hotel stay. Staff couldn't have been more professional, friendly, helpful. Walk to the symphony, shopping, restaurants. Lovely room on a Hotwire price. Would stay again any time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

This hotel was wonderful and very memorable, I am planning to go back for a much longer vacation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to The Westin Minneapolis? Share your experiences!