“Best Stay Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added The Westin Minneapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Stay Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My stay at the Westin Mpls was the wonderful experience. The staff were very professional and welcoming. The staff's goal was to make our stay the best experience possible. They told us if there was anything we needed to make our stay comfortable just ask. The accomodations were unbelievable. The rooms were large and clean. The beds were heavenly and one of the best night sleeps I have had in years. The food in the restaurant was fantastic. The location is in close proximity to anything you want to do. Food, bars, dancing, walking, lakes and even the Mall of America. This is definetly a upscale hotel with reasonable pricing. We look forward to staying there again... Soon.. The presidential suite is a treat we would recommend for parties, get togethers or even a romantic getaway. Best Hotel downtown.. J.R.

Room Tip: We stayed in the presidential suite, however we have stayed in other rooms too. All the rooms are l...
Green Features: The hotel goes to great effort to be environmentally friendly.

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I picked the Minneapolis Westin purely because of its location to the Light Rail. I was traveling with my 81 year old mother and convinced her to try the Light Rail from the airport, something she had never done before. She does not easily walk long distances, the Westin was about 2 blocks from where we exited the Light Rail, a pretty easy walk. Our rate was for a basic room, it did not include the breakfast package.

I’m not sure I’ve ever stayed at a Westin Hotel, typically my husband and I stay at Hilton properties. The first thing that impressed me was the friendliness of the staff, immediately upon walking in the door a man greeted us and asked how he could help us. The two men at the front desk were smiling and friendly. We arrived at the hotel before the scheduled check in and were told our rooms were not yet available; we were given the option of accepting rooms with no view and very little sunshine, or waiting for the rooms that were originally assigned. We opted for immediate check in so that we could rest. I was impressed that when the front desk clerk saw us later in the afternoon he asked if our rooms were o.k., since he knew we were concerned about the lack of sunshine – they were fine, we had been warned, no complaining on our part.

The rooms had many outlets, a safe, big desk, iron and ironing board, one cup coffee maker, beverage cooler – you could request a refrigerator if you required one. My king-sized bed was comfortable and had lots of pillows. There was no bath tub, but instead a very large shower and nice shampoo, conditioner, soap, body wash, etc. Also, a good blow dryer.

I wish the showers had had a grab bars on the wall, especially since my mother was in a separate room, I did worry about her slipping – possibly we should have requested an accessible room for her. It also would have been nice to have towel racks, I would have hung the wet towels up and reused them the next day. There was a small hook on the back of the bathroom door, in my mind that would not have worked for towels.

I missed the free internet I always get as a Diamond Hilton Member, the Westin’s internet charge was pricey, I knew this going in so did not even bring my computer. I walked by the business center with computers and hoped they were available to use for free, but they were not, I would have had to pay for the internet there as well.

The hotel only had two elevators, and one was out of order a good part of the weekend, which caused long waits and people cramming in when the one working elevator finally arrived – we were told repairs would done the day after we left.

We checked out the gym and swimming pool, they looked very nice but we did not use them. There was a restaurant/bar in the middle of the hotel, we did not use either so can’t comment, other than they looked nice and cool on a very hot weekend, but also sounded very loud.

The Westin was a good hotel for our purposes, there are so many choices in downtown Minneapolis, I probably would try somewhere else next time – it all depends on the circumstances and what works best at the time, free internet and breakfast would make a difference for me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thunder Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Went to a concert at the Target Centre first time staying right downtown,the hotel was within walking distance.There was so many choices of restaurants and the traffic in and out of the downtown area wasnt a problem what so ever.

Watertown, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We chose this place because of the location. We wanted to be able to walk to the Nicollett Mall, spa, and restaraunt. Room was average, no view. Bathroom was small, awkward door, small counter top. Bed and pillows were awesome! We were asked if we wanted to join their rewards program, free of charge, then the wi-fi in the room would be free. We said sure, but they were unable to enroll,us...computer issue. They comped the internet for us:). Bar was nice. Would I return?? Probably not...much nicer places for the same price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Bruce R, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear cindyf123,
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Downtown Minneapolis. As you noted our location does work great for access to Nicolette Mall and many other downtown attractions. We are happy that you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and pillows, BANK Restaurant and Bar and especially our staffs ability to satisfy you with free internet. We do hope that you will give us another try. We actually have 16 different room configurations and are sure that the next time we can get you a different room size and view since it seems that would make your experience better. Hoping to welcome you back again soon and we will be sure to enroll you in SPG!

Be well,
WestinmplsGM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When you walk into the Westin Minneapolis, you can feel right away that this is a first class hotel. The drinks at the bar were average priced ($6.50 for a beer). We asked the concierge if they could recommend a good place to order pizza from and they didn't disappoint by suggesting Pizza Luce'! The room was big and the bed was nice. Location is right in the middle of downtown. We walked about 10 minutes to get to Target Field for a baseball game. There is a US Bank ATM which was handy too.

Green Features: If you go to the 2nd floor in the lobby, there is a skyway to a convenience store.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great Stay! Hotel was very nice and the rooms were great. We stayed for 2 nights and also went to Shouts. We ordered room service several times, which was also great! Only part we did not like was the parking. You had to use valet parking, as there is no other parking for the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Westin while attending 2 baseball games at Target Field. The hotel was very close to the stadium, just a quick light rail ride and we were there. The service was top-notch, I couldn't have asked for more. The room was big and very clean, but the bathroom was truly the star. The shower is spectacular and the bathroom itself is huge. I also liked the look of the old bank and I enjoyed the late Sunday check-out time. I would definitely stay at The Westin again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Minneapolis? Share your experiences!