“Unique Lobby, Shabby Room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added The Westin Minneapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Unique Lobby, Shabby Room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had room 525 and it was not satisfactory. Dent in dry wall, and scuffed up walls. The bathroom was not clean as in human hair in one corner ugh. The staff was friendly. The room had no view. I had to pay $300.00. Try somewhere else. I will not stay here again and I like the Westin brand.

Stayed January 2014
Matt T, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear 1Racer,

First, thank you for your kind comments regarding you experience with our staff and our unique hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it is a gift we will use to become an even better hotel. We would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you and encourage you to contact us directly. Please be assured that the room conditions you experienced are far from typical and have been addressed.

We would love the opportunity to have you try us again.

Regards,

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Westin was a great choice for us. We were in town for a Vikings game and enjoyed its location. It is also convenient proximity to a metro rail stop & on a cold night outside...that was super. We had booked the higher rate ahead of time with the ability to cancel. We had to cancel our Friday night stay & did so by the deadline. There were absolutely no hassles or glitches about that. We found our room well-stocked, things working great, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast buffet was good and no problems. The staff was friendly and helpful. We used the valet service. We had a warm day & a cold day while in Minneapolis. Leaving on that cold day made the valet service well worth it. Not only front door service, but our car was nice and warm as we left. I love how the building was once a bank. You can envision how it may have been at one time. Take time to soak in its architecture details within the interior. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor and found it very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt T, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hi Janelle,

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was great to here you enjoyed our property!

I am glad you enjoyed our restaurant and our valet service!
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Valet parking is $35 dollars, in four days here - not once, has a valet been anywhere to be found upon our arrival at the hotel. One of us must come into the hotel, trek to the front desk (truly a 1/2 block away from the valet door) and ask the front desk to page the valet. Then we wait. Upon complaining everyone tries to explain why we have to wait 10 minutes each time for the valet - it is a secure lot, it is 10 minutes away ... do I care? No, if I am paying $35/day for valet, I want a valet service.

Not once in at least four daily trips past the front desk has anyone looked at us, smiled or said hello. Yesterday as I approached the front desk, in clear sight, to request they find the valet, the desk person walked away going behind a locked "hotel personnel only" door leaving me stranded for another 5 minutes.

The TV's do not work on the treadmills and ellipticals. We are in a small two room suite. The building is so poorly insulated we need to keep the quilt like drapes closed obscuring the two walls of windows we should be able to enjoy. Bath amenities are the same as you would find at a Fairfield Inn. Separate living room area is tired.

We were here for our wedding, are both Platinum travelers, with multiple trips to MSP annually and this place is the worst downtown hotel we have ever stayed in.

Helen,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. The feedback you have provided regarding the valet, the front office staff and our fitness center is extremely disappointing to hear, but again appreciated. This information will be shared with our team to ensure it does not happen to a future guest. Please let me know if I can ever assist you in the future.
North Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a weekend night, and it was absolutely wonderful. All of the staff were very cordial and welcoming. The room was clean. I enjoyed the minimalist style. The shower was amazing. The breakfast buffet was delicious!

Leah,

Thank you foe the wonderful review of our property!

I am glad you enjoyed our restaurant and we do have amazing showers!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Westin! The lobby is amazing, the bar had great drinks with a terrific happy hour and the staff were all so helpful! The rooms are big, clean and the beds are so comfy! It was a freezing Minnesota day and it was so easy to get to all the stores via the skyway. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
L from MN,

Thank you for the great review!

I am glad you enjoyed our bar, restaurant and the cleanliness of our rooms.

We look forward to your return visit!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The room was really average. The staff was very nice. The bathroom was very poorly stocked-2 bars of soap, 1 body wash and 1 hair conditioner but no shampoo and no body lotion. My coffee maker was broken, however when I went down to front desk, they quickly gave me a couple of complimentary coffees. All in all, I was disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Matt T, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear buddbayyclub,

Please accept my sincere apology for the unfortunate experiences you encountered during your recent trip to our Westin Minneapolis. Unfortunately due to the issues that you mentioned, we failed to offer you the experience you anticipated while booking our hotel. Please consider contacting me directly as I would hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our Westin. I value your opinion and thank you for sharing this with me

Regards,

WMN AGM
White Bear Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Love the Westin Minneapolis! From the minute you walk in the service is amazing. The rooms are always clean and the heavenly bed is truly heavenly. The bar and restaurant staff take care of your every need. Thanks again Westin staff!
Can't wait until my next visit to the Westin Minneapolis.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Westin Minneapolis? Share your experiences!