“Perfect hotel in the heart of downtown!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added The Westin Minneapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Perfect hotel in the heart of downtown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Westin! The lobby is amazing, the bar had great drinks with a terrific happy hour and the staff were all so helpful! The rooms are big, clean and the beds are so comfy! It was a freezing Minnesota day and it was so easy to get to all the stores via the skyway. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Matt T, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
L from MN,

Thank you for the great review!

I am glad you enjoyed our bar, restaurant and the cleanliness of our rooms.

We look forward to your return visit!

708 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The room was really average. The staff was very nice. The bathroom was very poorly stocked-2 bars of soap, 1 body wash and 1 hair conditioner but no shampoo and no body lotion. My coffee maker was broken, however when I went down to front desk, they quickly gave me a couple of complimentary coffees. All in all, I was disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Matt T, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear buddbayyclub,

Please accept my sincere apology for the unfortunate experiences you encountered during your recent trip to our Westin Minneapolis. Unfortunately due to the issues that you mentioned, we failed to offer you the experience you anticipated while booking our hotel. Please consider contacting me directly as I would hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our Westin. I value your opinion and thank you for sharing this with me

Regards,

WMN AGM
White Bear Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Love the Westin Minneapolis! From the minute you walk in the service is amazing. The rooms are always clean and the heavenly bed is truly heavenly. The bar and restaurant staff take care of your every need. Thanks again Westin staff!
Can't wait until my next visit to the Westin Minneapolis.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Any time we need to stay in downtown Mpls. we choose the Westin. Great food, great atmosphere, great rooms and of course, great beds! We love to hang out in your lounge area with friends and always get service with a smile. :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Emmetsburg, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked a traditional king guest room for our fifth wedding anniversary. Our room was located on the fourth floor and looked out over what I assume was the roof of the awning of the hotel. While that view was not so appealing, we could see the cityscape beyond, which was nice. The room was tastefully decorated in a minimalist style with neutral colors--it kind of reminded me of a room out of an IKEA catalog. The bed was unbelievably comfortable! The sheets were heavy and the duvet soft. I wish I could say I had the best sleep of my life, but I didn't. I awoke in the middle of the night feeling panicky and hot. I felt like someone was standing beside the bed looking down at me. When I opened my eyes, I thought I saw someone with a bloody face. What the heck?? Obviously, this nightmare was no fault of the hotel. My husband had a great night's sleep, however. The shower was large with a rain shower head. The towels were thick and soft. Although there was a fridge in the room (stocked with all sorts of ala carte treats and drinks), there was no space for storing food or drinks of our own. Also, there was just one robe in the room...obviously, not enough for two guests. Overall, I would stay again if given the chance and if I came across a good deal on the room. Our total bill for one night's stay came to just over $200 ($35 parking fee) included. This was a bit much in my opinion since Internet and breakfast were not included in this total. I guess Super 8 has spoiled me. ;)

Room Tip: Avoid fourth floor if possible...not much of a view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
mpls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a great lunch at the bank, the Weston's restaurant, with my beautiful, beautiful wife. The food was outstanding. Deb, our server, made our visit even memorable. I'd write more but I'm running out of room.

• Stayed November 2013
Davenport, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is my first time at this Westin location and it will not be the last. From the moment we arrived the staff has been helpful, the room amazing (other than a heat issue but maintenance was up in less than five minutes to try and fix the issue), the bathroom was well appointed and the restaurant BANK? Beyond delicious. We made a point to eat there one morning, one afternoon and one evening - and it was fantastically priced for the location and quality - the staff was helpful and when we had ordered an appetizer that was Chef's Choice, the chef himself came out and went over the dish with us. It's withing walking distance to shopping and even more great dining experiences - overall - VERY satisfied and will be back again>

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Rewards program - you get a higher floor - so less traffic or lobby overflow noise...
Green Features: They have green options - like re-using towels, keeping your sheets for the length of your stay - but unlike some I have been too it's not shoved down your throat and there isn't a passive aggressive guilt trip if you want fresh sheets or towels.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Westin Minneapolis? Share your experiences!