“Best hotel bed, ever” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Minneapolis

You added The Westin Minneapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Emmetsburg, Iowa
“Best hotel bed, ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked a traditional king guest room for our fifth wedding anniversary. Our room was located on the fourth floor and looked out over what I assume was the roof of the awning of the hotel. While that view was not so appealing, we could see the cityscape beyond, which was nice. The room was tastefully decorated in a minimalist style with neutral colors--it kind of reminded me of a room out of an IKEA catalog. The bed was unbelievably comfortable! The sheets were heavy and the duvet soft. I wish I could say I had the best sleep of my life, but I didn't. I awoke in the middle of the night feeling panicky and hot. I felt like someone was standing beside the bed looking down at me. When I opened my eyes, I thought I saw someone with a bloody face. What the heck?? Obviously, this nightmare was no fault of the hotel. My husband had a great night's sleep, however. The shower was large with a rain shower head. The towels were thick and soft. Although there was a fridge in the room (stocked with all sorts of ala carte treats and drinks), there was no space for storing food or drinks of our own. Also, there was just one robe in the room...obviously, not enough for two guests. Overall, I would stay again if given the chance and if I came across a good deal on the room. Our total bill for one night's stay came to just over $200 ($35 parking fee) included. This was a bit much in my opinion since Internet and breakfast were not included in this total. I guess Super 8 has spoiled me. ;)

Room Tip: Avoid fourth floor if possible...not much of a view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
mpls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a great lunch at the bank, the Weston's restaurant, with my beautiful, beautiful wife. The food was outstanding. Deb, our server, made our visit even memorable. I'd write more but I'm running out of room.

• Stayed November 2013
Davenport, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is my first time at this Westin location and it will not be the last. From the moment we arrived the staff has been helpful, the room amazing (other than a heat issue but maintenance was up in less than five minutes to try and fix the issue), the bathroom was well appointed and the restaurant BANK? Beyond delicious. We made a point to eat there one morning, one afternoon and one evening - and it was fantastically priced for the location and quality - the staff was helpful and when we had ordered an appetizer that was Chef's Choice, the chef himself came out and went over the dish with us. It's withing walking distance to shopping and even more great dining experiences - overall - VERY satisfied and will be back again>

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Rewards program - you get a higher floor - so less traffic or lobby overflow noise...
Green Features: They have green options - like re-using towels, keeping your sheets for the length of your stay - but unlike some I have been too it's not shoved down your throat and there isn't a passive aggressive guilt trip if you want fresh sheets or towels.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed as a family of 3 for 12 days in August and it became a home from home! The staff are friendly and helpful(special mention to Jon Nack in reservations for sorting out an extra bed for us!)The location is wonderful - out of the hotel and you are 2 minutes from Saks, Maceys and everything else in downtown including lots of great restaurants. Rooms are beautifully decorated, huge,with very comfortable beds and peaceful. We loved the restaurant and bar in the lobby - food was very good quality. Also made full use of the well equipped gym and the swimming pool.The hotel is also 2 minutes walk from the tram that goes directly to the airport and the mall of America. Can't think of anyhting negative at all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here on business in October and really enjoyed it. I’m usually a Hilton person but Starwoods is winning me over with hotels like this.

The room was great – clean extremely comfortable bed, spacious and well furnished.

When you walk into the hotel the lobby, restaurant and bar area are located in a historical beautiful bank building. You really need to check it out.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good hotel with a great lobby. The staff was very friendly and the location was good. The only issue is that the rooms are very small and our view was terrible. The stay was good overall, and depending on the price, I would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Westinmpls, Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Jack J

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are a registered historic building & a former bank so many of our room layouts vary. We hope you will join us again in one of our upgraded rooms for a different experience. Your loyalty to our hotel and your feedback on your experience is very important to us. We hope to welcome you back for your next stay! Thank you again for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor

Warm Regards WmnGM
Chicago, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Westin is conveniently located in downtown, and reasonable close to attractions like the Guthrie Theatre. The former bank building boasts an impressive lobby which houses the bar and restaurant. Room layout was a little unusual with the desk right inside the door and the rest of the room down a short corridor, but it was clean and comfortable with the always-excellent Westin bed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Minneapolis? Share your experiences!