“Great Lobby area and wonderful cocktails” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added The Westin Minneapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Lobby area and wonderful cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Welcoming and professional hotel with good service. Room average in size with small but clean and adequate bathroom and street view. Highlight was the Lobby which is in an older building with a large sit up bar and comfy lounges and great cocktails. Central and interesting area. Would stay again for business and partners have plenty to do in the local area.

Room Tip: Higher is better due to street noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We always stay at the Radisson when we make a trip to Minneapolis, but we decided to switch it up this time and gave Westin a chance. Bad idea!
We were not moved to a different room even when we complained about the soggy carpet that got my belongings wet. They had no spare room at all i guess. We had to deal with it by putting towels on it and stepping on the wet towels instead while moving around in the room.
After the soggy carpet situation, the next day we were supposed to check out, the ceiling was leaking right where I had my purse!! Wow. We were only staying 2 nights by the way.
So they gave us a night off of our bill.
The hotel looked nice with friendly people. I would've probably loved it if they had tried harder to take care of our room situation. We will not be staying at any Westin again because we know if anything goes wrong we'll just have to deal with it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Westinmpls, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear MsBan12
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. The extreme temperature last week in Minneapolis caused a problem with one of our make-up air units on or roof, which unfortunately did leak into two of our sleeping rooms. The fact that our hotel was sold out made it not possible to relocate you into another room, for this I am truly sorry. I appreciate your positive feedback on our hotel and the friendliness of our staff, but we failed to offer you The Westin experience you anticipated when booking our hotel. I am pleased to hear that our staff did attempt to regain your trust with the gesture of removing the cost for one night from your bill. We do care about all of our guests and are committed to doing everything in our power to address every situation that our guests inform us about. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
Warm Regards
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We recently stayed at The Westin Downtown Minneapolis and I was very impressed with everything. The location of the hotel was within walking distance to many attractions, bars, and restaurants. The customer service was phenomenal! The room was very clean and had great amenities. I would definitely book at The Westin again as well as recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Haley M,
Thank you for the great review, I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your loyalty to our hotel and your great feedback on your experience is very special. We are looking forward to having you back for your next stay!
Warm Regards
Warroad, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Family weekend and picked the Westin because I thought it was a high end hotel and with the building being a prior bank made it an interesting place to stay, as this was a family get together that we do once a year and want it to be in a special place. They only had one of our two rooms ready and basically said they were overbooked and didn't know when they might have a room ready for us and to just keep checking back. I made the reservations 3 months in advance and paid for "city views". The one room we did get, looked out onto an electic box and another brick building a couple feet away, I guess that's what you see in the city! The beds were comfortable, bathroom towels had yellow stains on them, room was average, nothing special - seemed dark and dreary. There was a huge mix-up in our billing, I had paid cash for rooms when we checked out but they had also charged my card which was on an account that has auto pays come thru so I had things rejecting from my account which was a mess to work out. We did finally get a second room after demanding 2 single rooms since they were available and they were out of the doubles which is what we had booked. Seemed like a simple solution to me from the very beginnning but instead they wanted us to keep checking back to see if something became available, hello, that's why I made reservations 3 months in advance! The year before we stayed at the St. Paul Hotel for the same rate as the Westin and it was far superior. After I sent back my survey for the Westin, I did receive a call which at least showed me they care, however, I called back several times and was never able to talk to the gentleman that called but was able to make contact with someone else at the Westin thru an
e-mail. We received an apology and they requested we give them a second chance but I declined as times are tough and I would rather spend my hard earned money at the St. Paul Hotel and know that I'm getting the best vs. taking my chances again on throwing my money away on another bad stay. By the way, the bar in the hotel rocked - great customer service and drinks, friendly bartenders - if the rest of the stay was as good as what we experienced at the bar, there would have been no problem!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Westinmpls, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your experience while staying at the Westin. Please accept my personal apology for disappointment during your visit with the delayed check-in and room assignment. I am sorry to also hear that there was confusion on payment that you have mentioned. Thank you for your positive feedback on our BANK Bar and the enjoyable time you experienced. Your comments have been reviewed and share with the appropriate managers to insure these issues do not affect our future Westin Guests. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this unfortunate experience with your stay in greater detail, as our goal is to have you back for a future visit

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed recently at the Westin hotel while traveling for business in the area. Customer service was phenomenal! The staff paid attention to every detail. Room was nicely appointed and had been reserved at a great "value price" online. Room was very clean, with all the luxury amenities of the Westin. Arrived late and did not have time to venture out for dinner. Surprised at how "tasty" room service food was. Several healthy menu selections to choose from as well. Business center was well stocked and the computers worked without issue. One thing I found most impressive was the customer service provided by every member of the staff. Upon checkout I requested a taxi. The general manager himself flagged one down and ensured that I got on my way to my business appointment the next morning without issue.

Room Tip: Request room with a city view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Just spent the past weekend at this Westin. We were In town for a wedding, and guests were staying at various hotels downtown. This was a typical Westin hotel, with the basic nice amenities. There was nothing special and a few things were lacking. The other hotels in the area seemed to be just a step above. The staff was freindly and helpful, although none seemd to be going out of their way for the guests. We had issues with various lights not working, which housekeeping should have realized. The air conditioning did not seem to work very well, not fully getting the room cool. In summary, we would give this only an average rating.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Westinmpls, Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Westin Guest;
Thank you for choosing our Westin on this special occasion you were sharing with your family & friends. Thank you for your feedback as it is most helpful in our continual strive to improve. Please know we will address the operational issues you have mentioned. However, more importantly, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional & outstanding guest service. It disappoints us greatly to hear we did not meet or exceed your expectations. Our goal was to provide you with a relaxing & rejuvenating stay and unfortunately we did not exceed your expectations. We hope that you greatly enjoyed the momentous occasion that brought you to us & we apologize for our shortcomings. We hope that we will have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our Westin in for a future visit with us. Thank you again for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor

Be Inspired,
WmnManager
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Dear Westin, thank you for being apart of our 5th anniversary! We are always treated like Royals from valet, check in, at the bank & room service! It doesn't matter you make us feel so welcome! The personal touch in our room each time is so thoughtful and much appreciated. We love the sheets too so crunchy!! To many more memories with you, the Westin!

Green Features: Love how you want to do what you can to protect the earth.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Minneapolis? Share your experiences!