Family weekend and picked the Westin because I thought it was a high end hotel and with the building being a prior bank made it an interesting place to stay, as this was a family get together that we do once a year and want it to be in a special place. They only had one of our two rooms ready and basically said they were overbooked and didn't know when they might have a room ready for us and to just keep checking back. I made the reservations 3 months in advance and paid for "city views". The one room we did get, looked out onto an electic box and another brick building a couple feet away, I guess that's what you see in the city! The beds were comfortable, bathroom towels had yellow stains on them, room was average, nothing special - seemed dark and dreary. There was a huge mix-up in our billing, I had paid cash for rooms when we checked out but they had also charged my card which was on an account that has auto pays come thru so I had things rejecting from my account which was a mess to work out. We did finally get a second room after demanding 2 single rooms since they were available and they were out of the doubles which is what we had booked. Seemed like a simple solution to me from the very beginnning but instead they wanted us to keep checking back to see if something became available, hello, that's why I made reservations 3 months in advance! The year before we stayed at the St. Paul Hotel for the same rate as the Westin and it was far superior. After I sent back my survey for the Westin, I did receive a call which at least showed me they care, however, I called back several times and was never able to talk to the gentleman that called but was able to make contact with someone else at the Westin thru an
e-mail. We received an apology and they requested we give them a second chance but I declined as times are tough and I would rather spend my hard earned money at the St. Paul Hotel and know that I'm getting the best vs. taking my chances again on throwing my money away on another bad stay. By the way, the bar in the hotel rocked - great customer service and drinks, friendly bartenders - if the rest of the stay was as good as what we experienced at the bar, there would have been no problem!
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Minneapolis Hotel
- The Westin Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Westin Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transformed from Minneapolis's historic Farmers & Mechanics Bank building, The Westin Minneapolis will be your home to renewal in the Twin Cities. Located at the pulse of cosmopolitan Minneapolis, we are a short walk away from the best the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Westin Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.