“Great location and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added The Westin Minneapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Great location and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our stay at the Westin Downtown in Minneapolis exceeded all our expectations. The location is great - within waking distance of Target Center, Target Field and a lot of great stores restaurants. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They answered all our questions and met all our needs. And lastly, the room itself was incredible. It had a great view of downtown. Plus the bed was super comfortable and the shower was the best. We would definitely stay at the Westin again and highly recommend it to all those traveling to Minneapolis.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Westinmpls, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear nvg210, Thank you for taking time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear that you had a great stay at our Westin and enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and our Shower! We hope to see you again for another visit in the near future.

Warm Regards
WmnGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Waterloo, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My two friends and I stayed here on a Saturday night for a concert at the Target Center. We checked in around 5:15 PM, the front desk clerk asked what brought us there and when we told him it was a concert, he said, "To each their own." I found that to be off-putting and rude.

We then went to our room and found one king bed. We went down to the front desk to ask for a room with two beds, as we requested. We were told, by a different front desk clerk that because we booked through Expedia, we got whatever was left over and they had no rooms available with two beds. We then asked for a roll-away and he said they didn't have any. When we told him that we requested a room with two beds on Expedia, he said, "That's why it's so cheap." I didn't know what to say. At this point, we asked for extra bedding so someone could sleep on the chaise lounge. We never received this bedding.

When we returned from the concert, we asked the front desk about ordering food and they were less than helpful.

Positives- room was large, comfortable and clean. The bar staff was friendly and very helpful. The security officer was very helpful. Valet staff, no problem.

This is very close to the Target Center, so it's perfect for a concert or game, if you don't mind being judged and treated like a 2nd class citizen by the front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Westinmpls, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Westin Guest;

Please accept my sincere apology for the unfortunate experience you encountered during your recent trip to our Westin Minneapolis. Unfortunately due to the issues that you mentioned, we failed to offer you the experience you anticipated while booking our hotel. Please consider contacting me directly as I would hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel. I value your opinion and thank you for sharing this with me
Hudson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here because we went to the Kenny Chesney concert at Target Field, and this was within walking distance- plus the reviews looked good. $291 with taxes for an extremely small room. Could barely walk between desk (with very sharp corner) and wall. Bed was comfortable though, so no complaints there. Only one robe was hanging in the closet. The bar was supposed to be open until midnight on a Friday night, but when we arrived at 11:15, it was closed. I called the front desk for 2 extra pillows, and while someone was at our door promptly, he handed me one pillow that was fine, one king pillow w/o a case, and a standard pillow case that I was supposed to put on myself! Very odd! Also hard to get into one of the 5 spots on curb to check in. Will definitely not return. Way too much money to spend for what you get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. The feedback you have provided regarding your room and the issues you experienced is disappointing to hear, but again appreciated. This information has been shared with our team to ensure it does not happen to a future guest. Please let me know if I can ever assist you in the future. Regards
Wmn GM
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am visiting MSP for work this time and have been staying at the Westin for almost a week now. Nice rooms, clean and cosy. Great hotel location. Very easy to get a cab in the morning to head to work. And awesome restaurants around the hotel area for drinks/dinners, and all within walking distance.

I am particularly impressed with the service. The Westin employees just put in so much effort to get things done, without any of the 'excuses' (or explanations) that I have experienced at many other places. Their only focus was to solve my problem in the fastest and smotth manner.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting MSP for work or pleasure!

Room Tip: I am on the 5th floor and overlooking a roof. Try to avoid this I suppose.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Convenient location with very nice rooms. Everything you would expect from a Westin. Easy check-in, adequate gym facility, and great dining options. I travel quite frequently to Minneapolis for business, and have never thought of switching properties. If traveling in via air, the train from the airport to the city is just as convenient and about 1/20th the price of a cab. Highly recommend the breakfast at Ike's just down the street from the property, however like I said, you can't go wrong dining on site.

Room Tip: Hotel has a somewhat off layout - , but try and request a window to the outside, or can seem a littl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is a great location for a business meeting. The meeting rooms are very nice with a good work area with convenient access to power outlets.
The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The hotel is within walking distance of several downtown restaurants.
The Marketplace in the hotel provides a wide selection of food options especially for a quick light lunch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed at The Westin a couple of times now- The first was solo and the last two were with friends after a night out on the town. The rooms are clean, the people are adequate and the bar is great! When you go ask for a room that looks outside or you will be stuck looking at fake trees and feeling like you are in the lion king movie. The staff is not the best- I would say they could go through another hospitality/customer service course to brush up on some skills. Now the bar in the lobby is my favorite place- you feel like you are in NYC while you sip on one of their amazing Gin and Thyme Martinis and snack on their shrimp...mmmmm! I am getting hungry just thinking about it. All in all I would and will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Westinmpls, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear NoraL,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. The wonderful feedback regarding our BANK Bar and the cleanliness standards that you mentioned were outstanding to hear. I also value your opinion on the Zen Garden room that you received and will ensure a different room type simply by letting me know your preference prior to your next stay with us. Please call me at any time and I will handle the arrangements! We are looking forward to your next visit!
Stay Well
WmnGM

Been to The Westin Minneapolis? Share your experiences!