“Pretty good birthday stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added The Westin Minneapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pretty good birthday stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Good:
- gorgeous lobby, and front desk staff were friendly (if a little too chatty, keeping people waiting longer than necessary).
- nice room. comfortable beds, very clean and nice toiletries.
- the view!
- the location...right in the middle of downtown, within walking distance to multiple bars and restaurants.
- didn't give us any crap when we came back from dinner with 5 people carrying pillows, backbacks, games, and booze. The front desk person just smiled at us.
- quiet halls and friendly cleaning staff.
- the pool is REALLY cool-looking, nice hot tub, and clean locker rooms.

The Bad:
- the pool was FREEZING. The water and the room were both ice cold. Getting in dry was bad enough, trying to get in after sitting in the hot tub was a death sentence. I don't know if the stainless steel made it worse, but damn people...a pool room shouldn't be 60 degrees!
- the Wi-Fi isn't free, and didn't work.
- The people working in the restaurant/bar were very very rude and unfriendly. The front desk person informed us that the bar had a happy hour, so we went over and sat ourselves. The waitress came over, slapped napkins down in front of us, and stared at us, without a greeting or anything. When we asked her about the happy hour, she kind of scoffed and said "what happy hour? We don't have one." Which would have been fine...without the attitude. We ended up walking to a nearby restaurant for their happy hour.

I'd definitely stay there again, but I wouldn't eat at their restaurant, unless their surly staff has had some training or been replaced. Also, HEAT YOUR POOL ROOM!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

701 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is an absolute must if your traveling to Minneapolis. From the minute our family walked in we felt like royalty. My daughter was on spring break last week and we decided spend the weekend in downtown. We had dinner at their restaurant Bank. The staff was outstanding and they made our night perfect. Compliments to the Chef!!!! The rooms were a nice size and the heavenly bed was out of this world comfortable. Honestly, I have not slept that good in years:-) My wife and I were so impressed we already made a reservation for our anniversary coming up in June.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chetek, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were quite nice clean and comfortable. We liked that for a large hotel, the layout made it seem smaller and allowed for minimal traffic and noise in halls. We had little interaction with staff, however what we had was pleasant. Convenient location. Great value for a weekend stay!!

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I spent a night with my daughter and granddaughter after not having seen them for 4 years. It was just one night away from the rest of the family to reconnect. The hotel is right downtown which is one of my favorite places in Minnesota. Valet was right on the spot to take my car, the lobby is gorgeous and FD staff were extremely nice, despite my black eye (I fainted and ended up with a black eye but when you're a woman with one, it seems people assume you're abused and like to stare). Our room was beautiful and my 5 year old granddaughter loved the pool. We ordered room service for dinner and it was timely and delicious. I highly recommend the crab cake sliders. Checkout was a breeze, bill was correct. Great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rogers, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My recent visit to the Westin Minneapolis was as good as it gets. From check in to our breakfast the next morning the staff, service, rooms, food and beverage were all outstanding!
My wife and I celebrated special event on 3/22/13 and the staff at the Westin Minneapolis made it even more special. Food is amazing as is the property itself!

Mike and Kelly Colosimo

Room Tip: Any room you chose is a winner! Beautiful property!!!! Thank you to all at the Westin Minneapolis...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very pretty and located in an old bank building. The bathroom was very small and awkward to use. The door was constantly in the way. The room was not very quite. We were able to hear when people were in the hall. We were also not at all impressed with the service and food in the restaurant. It took over ten minutes to get our bill.

• Stayed March 2013
Matt T, Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hi,

On behalf of the staff at The Westin Minneapolis, I’d like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate your patience and understanding, as well as your honesty with us, as it only helps us see where we need to improve. I’d like to assure you that we have and will continue to address your concerns.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. It is very upsetting to hear and I hope that you will give us a second chance and let us provide you with the exceptional customer service you were expecting.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

A couple of my girlfriend's and I headed to Minneapolis for a weekend getaway. I had purchased a Groupon for the Westin in Minneapolis and was extremely excited to be staying at such a nice hotel for such a reasonable price. I had called ahead and talked to a representative that was recommended by Groupon to ensure that my reservation had went through and to also request a refrigerator and a view of downtown. I was reassured that this would not be an issue. Upon arrival, we did have to pay $34 for valet parking which is to be expected in downtown Minneapolis. There are parking garages close by that were cheaper, but it is much more convenient to park at the hotel. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is located inside an old bank that has been renovated. Staff was extremely friendly at check-in. My only complaint would be that we did not receive the additional refrigerator in our room as promised nor did we have a view of downtown. Our room faced some weird inner room area that was enclosed and did not have a view of the outside in any way. The rooms were extremely clean and the bathroom was large. We did visit the pool and hot tub which were both also very nice. The hotel is in a perfect location as there are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. We were also able to hop on the train that is located directly behind the hotel and takes you to the Mall of America for a very small fee. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great hotel located in a perfect location.

Room Tip: You may want to remind staff at check-in if you have any special requests for the room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Westin Minneapolis? Share your experiences!