A couple of my girlfriend's and I headed to Minneapolis for a weekend getaway. I had purchased a Groupon for the Westin in Minneapolis and was extremely excited to be staying at such a nice hotel for such a reasonable price. I had called ahead and talked to a representative that was recommended by Groupon to ensure that my reservation had went through and to also request a refrigerator and a view of downtown. I was reassured that this would not be an issue. Upon arrival, we did have to pay $34 for valet parking which is to be expected in downtown Minneapolis. There are parking garages close by that were cheaper, but it is much more convenient to park at the hotel. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is located inside an old bank that has been renovated. Staff was extremely friendly at check-in. My only complaint would be that we did not receive the additional refrigerator in our room as promised nor did we have a view of downtown. Our room faced some weird inner room area that was enclosed and did not have a view of the outside in any way. The rooms were extremely clean and the bathroom was large. We did visit the pool and hot tub which were both also very nice. The hotel is in a perfect location as there are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. We were also able to hop on the train that is located directly behind the hotel and takes you to the Mall of America for a very small fee. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great hotel located in a perfect location.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- The Westin Minneapolis Hotel
- Westin Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transformed from Minneapolis's historic Farmers & Mechanics Bank building, The Westin Minneapolis will be your home to renewal in the Twin Cities. Located at the pulse of cosmopolitan Minneapolis, we are a short walk away from the best the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Expedia, Amex, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.