I am writing this from my room at the Westin, just previous to check out.
After a 6 hour drive, I arrived at the Westin, a hotel at which I have previously stayed. I was given room 715, which is on the Starwood Preferred Floor. Not having an appointment until 11:45, and having to make the return, 6 hour drive after my appointment, I had planned to sleep in. I found that peace and quiet were in short supply on this stay.
The noise started at around 7:00 AM. It sounded as if a wrecking crew was working in the hallway. The housekeeper repeatedly slammed the door to the storage room, slammed guest room doors and seemed to do everything within her power to see to it that no one got any rest. At one point, after watching her slam a guest room door shut, I asked her if she could be just a bit more quiet. Her response was to smile and turn her back on me.
The room itself, was standard Westin. Great bedding, great linens, totally comfortable. I'm really going to miss this place, as I will now be looking for a hotel in Minneapolis where I can get some rest during my frequent visits.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- The Westin Minneapolis Hotel
- Westin Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transformed from Minneapolis's historic Farmers & Mechanics Bank building, The Westin Minneapolis will be your home to renewal in the Twin Cities. Located at the pulse of cosmopolitan Minneapolis, we are a short walk away from the best the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Starwood, Hotwire, Venere, Amex and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.