“Great food at a good price” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Kansas City
“Great food at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Interesting menu with great food and sides. Reasonably priced with good portion sizes. We had several side dishes and each was very hood

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Maple Grove, Minnesota, United States
“Cheap Restaurant run by even cheaper management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am writing this review having just left Brasa Rotisserie for father's day at 8:00 p.m.
My 26 year old son wanted to take my family and I out for father's day. Having never dined here before we were all excited as to what the evening would hold. It was obviously busy so everything seemed to be for-telling a great experience. first time to the table we were told by our waitress that all but one of the beers were sold out. Well, no big deal a beer is a beer I guess? Everyone else, my eldest son and his girlfriend, my younger son and my wife ordered wine so non-issue, I guess. Later our waitress returned to take our order. About 15 minutes later she returned to inform us that the food we had ordered was no longer available and we were relegated to the few remaining items on the menu (it is a very limited menu to begin with) meaning only one type of chicken was left and no other meat. Strike-1. About the same amount of time later our waitress returned again telling us that one or more of our side orders were unavailable. My son, being the one who wanted to take his dad out (me) and did not want to make a scene and being the perfect gentleman, promptly ordered the candied yams as an alternative. Just shortly after this they brought our food to the table. Surprisingly, it was literally seconds later the side order of candied yams (the one we had just changed minutes before after being informed that our side item was no longer available) was brought to our table. You might assume that this was a step in the right direction to counter the previous negative. That is of course unless you knew where this dish came from. We had just watched our fellow patrons a few tables away send back the very same dish of candied yams. This dish was set down on the counter and promptly picked up and brought to our table, yuck! strike 2. Can anyone spell, "Department of Health?" To say we were put off at this point would be an understatement of epic proportions. Apparently as a good-will gesture we were offered a desert on the house. That is to say one desert for 5 people, this was more irritating than helpful and only served to insure the evening was ruined. Finally at the urging of my wife my eldest son called the manager over who told us he was sorry for the mix up and would comp us $20 toward our next visit, seriously? He then took our bill to the cash register processed it and brought it back. Well, what a surprise rather than simply ringing up the current tab he instead added $20 to the bill (apparently charging us for a $20 dollar gift certificate to pay for the $20 he had just comped us minutes before). Strike 3! I would love to say that this was a huge mistake but we got no such apology. Rather, (he) the manager seemed surprised that we had noticed it, unbelievable! Having been in the restaurant industry we are all well aware of the deadbeats who like to play a game and complain about every 3rd or 4th meal that something is wrong so they can get their food for free. These people should be treated like the loser’s they are. My point is that we (i and my family) are not those types of people and never will be. I despise people who are cheap and most importantly those who are at the expense of others. I left a $26 dollar tip on a $132 bill because I do not feel that any of this was the waitress's fault. The waitress was curious, attentive and prompt. The management on the other hand leaves much to be desired. Not only do they not know how to manage their inventory but they are totally lacking in their understanding of customer service. I do not care how busy they were, I will never ever be back to visit this restaurant. I know about business and this type of management style is pervasive and in time becomes systemic. Take head, poor treatment of customers leads to even worse reviews and creates a cancer that leads to general public knowledge, make changes or lose good customers like I and my family.
Todd A.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
techy21mpls
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This place is small but the food is incredible and very affordable! I had the chicken and it was juicy and the slow roasted port was very good! Try the conbread and spinach with jalapeno

Visited April 2013
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Comfort Fusion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Brasa is one of my top picks for Minneapolis takeout. Meaty favorites include the slow-roasted pork, the smoked beef, and the rotisserie chicken. The crispy yuca fries are the best I've found (and be sure to try them with the delicious green sauce which seems to be a variation of Peruvian aji sauce). Also can't seem to walk away without at least a small order of the roasted yams with andouille sausage. If you want to dine in, be forewarned that things can be a bit hectic on weekend nights. The St. Paul location is a little more spacious.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Delicious Flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Picked up an order and attempted to sample the menu as much as possible. Although the restaurant was busy, the take out order was ready on time. The rotisserie chicken was a little dry but the smoked beef was delicious. The roasted yams with andouille and romaine/mozzarella salad were a little plain but the grits with cheddar and crispy yuca were fantastic. The small servings were a great way to have a buffet at home and sample a variety of options.

• Visited May 2013