“Amazing room, worth every penny” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
MInneapolis MN
“Amazing room, worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a hotel that was different from the places we normally stay at. We found a great deal to stay at Le Meridien Chambers in Minneapolis MN and booked a room. We wanted to be close to the nightlife, and all the other fun stuff that is downtown. This hotel is in a prime spot being within 3 blocks of many of the great places to visit in downtown Minneapolis. They have a really good restaurant and even had live music in the basement.

We had a standard room that had a wonderful bed, and a nice desk area that you could sit and work on a laptop. The bathroom was amazing!!! They shower t was very large and could hold at least two people, it also had a rain shower head. There was a TV in the bathroom and one mounted on the wall in the main part of the room. Only thing that I didn't like about the TVs is that they were both SD or "low res" as I call them. This wouldn't bother everyone but it is a pet peeve of mine. There were also some nice options for snacks and pop in a hidden refrigerator.

We had read ahead of time that they really gouge you for the parking so we parked just down the block for only $10. We enjoyed sitting out at the Ice Bar by the fire. It was relatively warm for February so we sat out there and enjoyed a couple of cocktails. We hope to stay here again sometime. We liked that it isn't one of these really large hotels it is smaller and had a nice feel to it.

PROS:
* Super comfortable bed
* Great Shower
* Cool artwork
* TV in the bathroom
* Great location
* When you call the front desk they say "Mr Walker"

Cons:
* No High def TV
* Doors make a lot of noise when they shut
* Crazy charge for valet overnight parking ($28)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I made a reservation on Hotwire.com. Got a GREAT deal.

I wanted to surprise my new fiance with a night in a fancy pants hotel. We were celebrating our first Christmas together. I called the staff to let them know and they IMMEDIATELY, with out having to ask, upgraded me to a king suite. They asked about any additional expectations and were WONDERFUL upon arrival. The bed was amazing and the room was super POSH--way more cool that we are.

Unfortuantely, we were next to a room full of Rookie Boozer who screamed and slammed doors all night long. No matter how many times the hotel staff asked them to stop they had no respect for other guests. It made for a MISERABLE night of sleep.

I provided this feedback to management and they immediately offered and apology AND solutions and thanked me for the feedback.

I felt like under the circumstances, management could not have handled this better. I was SUPER impressed with the way everything was handled.

We will be back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

This place was so contemporary and cold. There was nothing cozy about it that would make you want to cozy up in your room. The bathroom was cool-nice heated floor, but the room was small, has a terrible view, had NOTHING in it to make it pretty. We were very disappointed. The amount we paid was not worth it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I thought the room was very small. The hallways were not clean. They had a very cool trendy feel going but it did not translate too a quality room and stay. I dont think the hotel is bad but it is not worth its average price per night in my opinion. When you can stay at the Grand hotel for just as much or almost half its Night and day. Grand hotel had an awesome hotel when this hotel had two treadmills and two elipticals (Sp) in a closet in the basement. The staff in the restaurant was very rude. I went in maybe 2 mins after breakfast was being served and asked if there was anything small left and they looked at me like i was asking for them to give me the world on a stick. I was shocked they did not even attempt or ask a cook in the back if anything was possible. Because they were sooo rude in the restaurant i did not eat there my entire stay. I took my money to better restaurants in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed here with my partner for a romantic get away. The location is fantastic in terms of restaurants, clubs and the theater. The ambiance of the hotel was great. A beautiful fireplace when you first walk in and yes, the smell of the place is subtle and enticing. The front desk staff were luke warm to marginally friendly, even despite my attempts to be extra charming to get a complimentery upgrade (which they gave us). There is a great outdoor patio that is beautiful--would have loved to spent time there, but they were closed for a reception. The same was true with the Art gallery, so we really did not check out much of the extras at the hotel. We really enjoyed the room. The bed was comfortable with a fluffy pillow top but my partner thought it was too soft. Great flat screen tv that adjusts so you can watch it in bed. Great walk in shower, plenty of room for two! The tv in the bathroom was a bonus. Cool features in the room, including the sink which is modern but yes, splashes. My biggest grip was the noise. I heard doors slamming at all hours. Or perhaps they were simply closing. All i know is that the rooms need some sound proofing. I was up off and on most of the night, which made for a miserable night of sleep. I would absolutely love to go back, but i'll take a noise machine with me next time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

There really were no surprises, thanks to having read previous reviews. I do think it's ridiculous that a hotel of this caliber doesn't offer free wi-fi, but I knew beforehand that it wouldn't be available so just went to Starbucks. The location can't be beat if you're into the Warehouse District, Nicolet Mall, etc.. The seemingly new (an assumption based on previous reviews) storage tower in the bathroom made the issue of toiletry storage a non-issue and we loved the sink and rainshower shower head! Had a wonderful room service breakfast - I recommend the oatmeal!! Found the quirky works of art to be fun and the source of good conversation with my daughter. Got the room at the bargain rate of $130. I most likely won't return as I'm much more of a plush, Hilton kind of girl, but Le Meridien was a wonderful, change-of-pace treat for this trip with my 18 year old daughter.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed here on a Saturday night out of convenience because I was attending a wedding at the hotel. Afterwords, I really wanted to get some sleep but there was a huge outdoor party right outside my room with really loud music until 2:00 am. I really didn't feel like changing rooms in the middle of the night so I just waited it out, but it was ridiculous that I paid so much money and couldn't even get a good night's rest.

As for the room, this hotel tries to have a nice modern look, but can't quite pull it off. The room was kinda boring and dated. There were stains on the carpet and the bedsheets were stained and old. The worst part of the room was the sink- it was a weird inclined plane that splatters water back onto you- kinda gross. All in all, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis? Share your experiences!