“Beautiful Hotel close to the Orpheum” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Colorado
“Beautiful Hotel close to the Orpheum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We only stayed one night, but this hotel has the most beautiful rooms I have stayed at in a long time. Awesome art in the hotel and the rooms. You can see the Orpheum right outside the windows of the hotel, directly across the street. Cheaper parking then valet 1/2 a block down the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WMpls-Foshay, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Colorartist1,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic review with the Trip Advisor community. It’s exciting to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful art that is surrounded in our public spaces and guestrooms at our hotel! We hope to see you back soon! It is our pleasure to read, respond and share your review with the team at Le Méridien Chambers.

Best,
Creative Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I drove down from Winnipeg and spent two nights at Le Meridien Chambers and very much enjoyed my stay. I went with my girlfriend and it was a beautiful sleek room, simple but sleek. The shower was amazing, very romantic, the bed was huge and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in. We didn't find the restaurant too appetizing so we didn't eat there, but no comment on the food. It's a small boutique hotel, it's the absolute best location in the city and I would recommend it to most traveling to Minneapolis. There's no swimming pool, or free wifi, or free parking, I wouldn't recommend it to a family, but for a romantic weekend, this is your place. The art around the hotel and in the rooms are beautiful, with exception of the garbage bags that I thought were legitimate trash but turned out to be an art exhibit.

Negatives: a little small, wouldn't mind a steamroom or gym or pool, and the TV wasn't HD. Other than that, great stay. FYI: we booked on hotwire, paid just over 100$ per room. Review may have been different if we paid twice as much.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
JBG825,

Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community! We appreciate your 5 star review and glad you experienced a romantic getaway with your significant other! We appreciate your recommendation!

Best,
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Oh Chambers you are not what you used to be. Having lived in Minneapolis for 15 years I spent several nights at this property over time on weekend downtown stays. The hotel opened around 2004 (I think) and at the time was truly a striking boutique hotel in this city. It was modern, well-kept, had a very cool vibe about it. So much has changed. Let me explain where things have gone horribly wrong:
When I chose this hotel for a weekend trip to Minneapolis I expected to see some of the cool style and comfort that I remembered, but apparently it (comfort) packed up and left town. One of my most favorite things about Chambers was its waterfall shower. To my surprise the hotel has removed the waterfall shower heads and replaced them with something that allows so little water to disperse that I felt cold and very uncomfortable. This level of ridiculous is compounded by the fact that the shower stall is huge and with this little water flow in it I felt like I was getting hosed down at the local police station. The flat white walls were in dire need of a new paint job. My guess is that too many parties took place in this room and the hotel simply ignored the damage. Scuff marks were everywhere and signs of wear and tear on both the walls, door knobs and floor were obvious. The TV is an older model plasma unit which has a very bizarre channel management system and no in-room movie option. Let’s talk about location – Chambers is situated at 9th Street and Hennepin Avenue which on weekends is buzzing with crowds and sirens. Noise isolation in this building is minimal at best. Hennepin Avenue is often filled with less than savory crowds after last call; the sounds emanating from the outside can confirm this on any weekend. Lack of carpet helps reverberate sound from the outside making sleep a rather difficult task. The room came with a noise conditioner which helped a bit, but in no way provided peaceful sleep. As if the outside noise wasn’t enough, the refrigerator/mini-bar made so much buzzing noise that I had to unplug it in the middle of the night. The iPod docking station was broken from what looked like someone yanking their device out of the cradle too rough breaking the teeth on it. I requested a replacement device and was told that it would arrive, but it never did. After a second call the next day I got a replacement. The executive suite that I stayed in had a very odd bed with a very badly designed pillow top that moved around all night and after a couple of toss and turns the pad became so dislodged that I felt like I was sleeping on hay.
During the time of my stay the property was undergoing renovation. The recently closed D’Amico Kitchen and the center Eden bar were under construction and I’m assuming that something new will be going into their place. Regardless, the construction equipment and the boarded up doors didn’t do anything to improve the ambiance. Another issues is that when I got to the hotel to check in 30 minutes after check in time I was told that the room was not ready which was tough to handle after travelling all day. After another 30 minute wait I was given the keys and the management offered to comp my valet parking for the stay which was greatly appreciated
So let me get to my point – I understand that hotels go through phases and changes, but Chambers is marketing itself as a luxury property. I stay in hotels at least 190 nights out of the year and I know what to expect. If I’m paying a premium for a premium property I expect all these little things to be perfect and I definitely expect to get a comfortable bed and a quiet room. When I asked the manager at the front desk what happened to the old shower heads she told me that they were removed because of their high water consumption. Fine, I understand that being conscious about resource use is the right thing to do, but I am paying luxury I expect to get luxury and not a speech about saving money and water. I’ve been in better showers in 2 star hotels with better showers.
My recommendation, for now, is to avoid Chambers. There are better hotels in Minneapolis like Graves, Ivy or The W. I’m sure that at some point Chambers will rebound, but after years of hard partying there is just nothing left in this worn out faded rock star.

Room Tip: If you go, don't plan on sleeping.
Amostovoy,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent experience at Le Méridien Chambers; it’s great to have you back in Minneapolis! Our sincerest apologies that your recent stay fell short of expectations; our goal is to create a unique, comfortable and enjoyable hotel stay to which we feel terrible that we did not do.
We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and it’s our pleasure to make sure that they are all taken into review. We apologize that we weren’t able to guarantee your room at the promised time, I’m sure you can understand that our housekeeping staff wants to make sure that rooms are cleaned thoroughly and to the upmost standard for the arriving guests.
Le Méridien Chambers is currently working on the Marin restaurant concept to our public space; a culinary promise of farm to table menu style that will be a great addition to our hotel. We will continue to make sure our upgrades and enhancements are communicated effectively to our guests. We hope to have a future opportunity to gain back your trust and loyalty when you find yourself traveling back to Minneapolis.

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Le Meridien is located just a few blocks from Twins Stadium. We found the rooms modern and lovely. The bed was way comfortable. The problem came when trying to sleep. Even though the rooms are thoughtfully supplied with white noise machines (thanks, Le Meridien), the metal doors in the echo chamber hallway made it difficult to sleep the first night. The second night we brought in our own machine, pulled down the black out drapes and slept well. We will be back as long as they keep those specials coming!

MBB66066,

Hello from Le Méridien Chambers! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. Our sincerest apologies that you encountered noise disturbances from our doors that took away from a good night’s rest. We promise to make sure that your review is addressed with our Engineering department; we appreciate you brining this to our attention and look forward to having you back as a guest at Le Méridien Chambers.

Seat31E
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in Minneapolis and i've stayed at most of the upper-end there. Great beds and linens, very white and clean but not stark rooms, very nice bathrooms with heated floors (which is really nice in Minneapolis in the winter) but just like the W Hotel, bad shower heads. At least the hotel has excellent water pressure so the drippy shower heads aren't horrible, but not good. Also now that I think about it, there is no counter space in the bathroom, I always need to move the tissues and glasses off the stand to put my dop kit there.

I am sure the new restaurant will be great when opened, but the 5th floor lounge/restaurant is a great stand-in. I actually prefer breakfast upstairs in the light anr airy space. Overall a great property that works equally well for business travelers (yes there is a plug above the desk for your devices) and vacationers (the art and overall feel of the hotel is quite relaxing).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the open-ended interior courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Seat31E,

It’s great to have you back at Le Méridien Chambers; it’s our pleasure to have you back as our guest and to respond to your review. Thank you for this gracious 5 star review; we appreciate your feedback and will address them to the correct departments! We are all looking forward to the arrival of MARIN which will have a very fresh farm to table culinary approach!

South Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved this modern hotel. We had a corner suite which was great. The hotel is in a great location that has an active nightlife. Maybe a bit too loud, too late for us. But we were in the city, so a certain energy is expected.
The staff was very professional and very enthusiastic about promoting their city.
Previous reviews have commented about the lobby. For me, it's fine. It's small but functional. I don't remember when I spent any time in a hotel lobby, so it's a non-issue for me.
And the shower! Coming from SoCal, where all our shower heads include flow restrictors, these huge, overhead showers where fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WMpls-Foshay, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello from Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis! Thank you for sharing this incredible review with us & the Trip Advisor community. You provide a great point of view and glad to read that you enjoyed the city of Minneapolis!

Say hello to California for us!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visit Minneapolis every 6 weeks and finally completed my first stay in the Le Meridien last month. I was pleasantly surprised. First, the rate I booked through spg.com was pretty amazing. Lobby was beautiful and check-in staff was super quick. The room was clean with a comfy bed. Nice big desk space for work. The bathroom was definitely the best part of the room. Don't know if it was my imagination, but I could've sworn the tile floor was heated. Super close to great restaurants all around and very convenient location to my meetings downtown. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello DSWeimar,
From everyone at Le Méridien Chambers, thank you for this fantastic review. Your kind words are much appreciated and it was our pleasure to have you as our guest. It sounds like you had a great mix of fun & relaxation while you were in Minneapolis. Cheers to a fantastic summer ahead of us.

Go Twins!
Creative Guest Services

Been to Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis? Share your experiences!