“I want to live in room 302!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
“I want to live in room 302!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had an amazing 4-night stay, booked thru a blind Hotwire deal. We could not have hand selected a better hotel. The location was fantastic. We enjoyed a classy first night at Eden, the beautiful, chic outdoor patio, for drinks and late night snacks. Both in-room televisions were swivel-mounted for watching from the plush amazing beds or from the make-it-rain showers. We were upgraded to an executive king suite, which has two bathrooms. The room was phenomenal. Only issue was the techno bass from Crave's rooftop deck next door. We used the Lasalle parking garage with no issues. There are several great restaurants and entertainment right outside; the Chain of Lakes are a short bike ride away. We grabbed a cool piece of $5 art from the lobby's antique vending machine as a souvenir of this classy, artsy hotel. Loved the lobby scent and the Grammy inspired elevator music! Cannot say enough great things. Loved every moment! Thanks to the staff for the experience!

• Stayed July 2012
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Chasingdragons,

Thank you so much for staying with us at Le Méridien Chambers. We appreciate you taking the time to reflect and share your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the Art-O-Mat machine and you know have a mini piece of art as a souvenir! We welcome you back and hope you leave again with a new perspective!

Le Méridien Chambers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
minneapolis, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just wanted to say that we thought the hotel was lovely, great location and great service. From the moment we checked in we felt the staff went out of their way to make our visit easy and comfortable. Example: We asked if there was a place to print out tickets for a show. rather than send us to the business office, the gal at the front desk let us use the computer at the concierge desk and the printer at th efront desk to kick out a couple of tickets. A simple thing but it was hassle free. She even made syure the prints came out okay. The whole weekend was like that. We felt well taken care of. Plus the room was lovely. Very gallery-like and roomy. We'll be back.

Room Tip: We had a room on the west side that was a bit larger. On the 5th floor. Nice and quiet. Had a bath a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Hello obobo3863,

We appreciate the gracious and kind words you had to say that reflected your stay at Le Méridien Chambers. It’s great to see that our guests feel at ease when we are able to execute the simplest requests for them. The entire team at Le Méridien is here for you; the Creative Guest. It’s great to see that you’ll be back and we are excited for your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at the Le Meridien for one night and enjoyed the unique kitchy environment. The staff was friendly, the valet was amazing, and our room was all that was to be expected. The pictures taken by reviewers are a good representation of what to expect. We were centrally located and had our evening meal across the street. This hotel is good for couples and a younger crowd. If you need to access the business center it is simply a desk with a computer on a lower floor in a hallway. I needed to utiize it while there and was not impressed. Do not book a stay if you need access to a good business center

Room Tip: The cost of the valet is pretty high but worth it. The cost of using their computer was unreasonabl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Cleisha,
Thank you for the creative title of your review! We appreciate the time taken to share your review with the TripAdvisor Community. The art that is shown in the hotel is hand selected from various parts of the world and we hope that it allows our guests to think and view art with a new perspective. Thank you for your feedback in regards to our business center; we are currently working on additional features that will make this space more robust and more users friendly. In the meantime, those seeking to have internet access can enjoy our complimentary internet access in the unique lobby hub of the hotel.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

It just might turn out like the Le Meridien Chambers. Just back from a five day conference in Minneapolis, and this was a great choice for our small group. I have an aversion to staying at conference hotels, and my colleagues andI were very happy at LMC.

Some things will remind one of a W--music everywhere, hip-ish younger staff, and a terrific bar. But unlike a W, the music wasn't too loud, and it never got annoying. My room was a nice size--larger than expected.. The bed--oh my goodness, was this a comfortable bed! A firm mattress topped by a plush featherbed--just like I like it!

If you're an art aficionado, this is the spot. There's a gallery connected to the hotel, and the place is bursting with original installations throughout. I especially liked the video display opposite the elevators.

Not as luxe as the nearby Hotel Ivy, which is also a Starwood property, but I would stay here again when in MPLS. It's an easy walk to the Nicollet Mall, the Target Center and Target Field, and some very cool bars.

It is a small hotel, so check in and out at busy times can be a bit slow--there never seemed to be more than one person behind the counter.

Room Tip: The hotel consists of two older buildings with a modern connector. The two of us who stayed in rooms...
Hello rastaman85,
Greetings from Le Méridien Chambers! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of LMC shortly after your conference in Minneapolis! It sounds like you enjoyed the overall experience at the luxury art hotel; we hope enjoyed Minneapolis just as much! We appreciate the well rounded advice you had to share with those seeking to stay in downtown Minneapolis! Thank you for the recommendation!

Safe travels,
Grafton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family and I have traveled to many states and stayed in many different hotels and resorts. Recently, my daughters went to Minneapolis for a concert. While looking online for a hotel near to the concert, I came across Le Meridien Chambers. What a find! Of all the hotels we have ever stayed in, this one was the most beautiful. And not only that, it was very clean, luxurious accommodations, friendly, helpful staff and excellent food in the restaurant. To top it off, the price was extremely reasonable. We have paid much more for rooms all across the country and they didn't even come close to our stay at Le Meridien. I would recommend it to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hello JKA21,
Thank you for taking the time to share this incredible 5 star review with the Trip Advisor Community. We couldn’t be more thankful for your superior recommendation as we are very grateful that you and your family found Le Méridien Chambers accommodating to all of your family’s needs. We welcome you back, any time for another unforgettable experience!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed here while in town for a conference. Good location just three blocks from the heart of Nicollet Mall. Only 5 blocks from the light rail station (about 25 minutes from the airport and only $2.25!).

Check-in was pleasant. This was actually a Priceline booking and I couldn't make the first night due to a canceled flight. They checked me in over the phone and took my credit card number. So I was able to just pop in and pick up my room key.

D'Amico restaurant is on the main floor with entry through the hotel. Great food, but a little pricey.

The hotel was a little strange, but in a good way. There is modern art everywhere and strange mood music in the elevator, complete with black lights! The hallways are a little narrow and lined with small TVs with some type of performance art going 24/7. The whole place has a real industrial, modern feel.

Room was very roomy and modern. Bed was divinely comfortable with soft (e.g., your head sinks in) pillows. My favorite! Good work area. Flat screen swivel TV near the bed and another in the bathroom (I must install one in my house!). Water pressure in the bathroom was great and super hot. Not a lot of storage space in the bathroom though.

Room service for ice was prompt. Internet is free in the lobby, but I am on the second floor and have had no problems. So if this is important ask for a lower floor close to the elevators.

I would stay here again....not worth rack rates, but I was happy with the Priceline win.

Room Tip: Low floor near elevators will get you free internet in your room!
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had 3 different rates each night of my stay - at $89, this was an incredible value. At $240, it was fine. Room so spacious I could have worked out in it, extremely soft and comfortable bed. Bathroom not cleaned particularly well...leftover hair.

And $12.95 for wifi? Really? It's just a basic in hotels these days, particularly at a brand I'd consider luxury. Really left a bad taste in my mouth, particularly since I didn't feel there was much to the hotel or service.

The staff were professional but very distant. Didn't offer much about the hotel, ask if I needed directions, or have many answers about the questions I did have for them. A package was left for me at check in but until the person who left it told me, I had no idea since the staff didn't mention it.

The hotel restaurant was fine but unremarkable. I intended to check out the fitness center but that cushy bed prevented me from it.

Room Tip: I was pleasantly surprised that a 2nd floor room on the street wasn't loud at all. Courtyard-fac...
Hello KKirk,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at Le Méridien Chambers. My personal apologies that our guest service fell below expectations; due to the size and nature of our hotel, we love that this presents numerous opportunities to connect with our guests on more personal level. Furthermore, thank you for addressing your cleanliness issues you experienced, this is below Le Méridien standards and we promise to work harder to make sure that this does not happen again. Please see my direct message for follow up conversation.

Le Méridien Chambers

Been to Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis? Share your experiences!