“The right size, the right quality, the right place” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The right size, the right quality, the right place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Chambers is a boutique hotel right in the heart of the Minneapolis entertainment district. The rooms and the hotel are filled with original artwork. The furnishings and the beds are wonderful. A wonderful surprise for me was stepping into the bathroom at night and realizing that the floor is heated. During a cold Minneapolis night, the floors were certainly a delight!

I have stayed at the Chambers for both business and pleasure. I find myself being drawn to the hotel when I am not up for the large hotel experience and dragging my bags across large lobbies and up to the 30th floor and down to the end of the hall. I like being about to just steps away from my room.

In terms of service, I have had mixed experiences in my 8-10 stays. Generally the service is extremely professional and helpful. At times people at the front desk are somewhat clueless. The good news is that things get worked out, it just takes time. I won’t stay at hotels where the service is bad. The Chambers gets 8 of 10 stars on service. Chances are your experience will be excellent. If you run into a dud, give them an extra chance.

Room Tip: The executive suites are very nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed here as part of a birthday celebration. We thought the room was very nice...modern and comfortable. The view of a brick wall and alley wasn't too fantastic, but we didn't stay here to look out the window so not abig deal. Bed and bathroom were great, everything was spotless and clean. We wanted to watch a DVD or two and the front desk brought us a DVD player (at no charge!) which was a nice touch. The location is great and the restaurant downstairs was also awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Hennepin or 9th so you don't get an alley view.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I spent a recent night at the Le Meridien Chambers. It was a very nice, smaller hotel. The room was an architects dream! We have stayed at all of the downtown Minneapolis Starwood hotels (except the Aloft). The classic room was simple, but the attention to detail in the design was evident. It is not flashy or quirky like the W, not as comfy as the Hotel Ivy, and not as warm as the Westin. One downside of the hotel is that there are a fair number of rooms without much of a view. Ours looked out on an alley with another building close, so we kept our window blinds closed for most of the time. The location is great - right across from the Orpheum and Brave New Workshop. We ate at the D'Amico Kitchen in the hotel and it was fantastic (see my other review). One suggestion - we parked in a City of Minneapolis parking ramp (garage) next to the hotel for the night at the total sum of $5. It wasn't the most active ramp on the weekend night - typically we have parked at the City ramp beneath the Hilton when we do overnights. As I said, the room was simple, but attractive. My wife thought it was too "white" and needed some splash of color to liven it up and make it more warm. Service was good, rate was good, and it was the perfect quiet evening away!

Room Tip: I may recommend the "Deluxe" room instead of the "classic" rooms. I am assuming...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Normally, Le Meridien city hotels are located in grand buildings. This was a nice and quaint one boutique hotel. You might have to loop around the building once or twice before you find some parking. Hotel only has valet parking and it’s $28 over night. You have two choices. A) park in (semi pricey) parkades nearby. There are covered ones or street lots. B)I was there on a Friday. Meter parking is good until 6pm then it’s free for the rest of the weekend. But now you know.

When you walk into the hotel you will notice the hotel lobby has a few pieces of abstract, creepy yet interesting art. This is because this hotel is in the art district of the city. The most obvious one would be the life size like statue of half of a man that has a realistic feeling to it. The reason why I booked this hotel is because their website ad had a photo of a bathtub in each suite. Apparently, it’s only true for the penthouse president suite.

Our guest room was a fair sized one at the end of the hallway facing the side of the street. Le Meridien rain shower never disappoints you especially when you had a long day of travel. There weren’t a lot of choices for toiletry. Just the basic shampoo, conditioner, soap, moisturizer, shower cap, qtips and cotton balls. The toilet paper was not very soft. In fact, it was kind of rough. No bathroom fan and the bathroom door is a sliding door. The good news is you can spend as much time as you want in the bathroom as there’s a TV right across from the toilet seat. There were two bathrobes in the closet but one of them was missing a tie hook. No hotel slippers were left in the closet but you can easy call the front desk to get a pair. There is a safety locker in the closet for your valuables.

The best part of staying at Le Meridien is their bed. The pillow top was so soft and fluffy I could have fallen asleep right away. Hotel provided a cluster of pillows so you can make a little fort and just fall back and watch some TV. You’ll be knocked out before the Colbert Report comes on TV.

Room Tip: Check in Foursquares with nearby deals. Internet is not free in room. Remember parking on the street...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stayed for a couple of nights in early September. As a rule, I refuse to use a credit card for incidentals. I gave the required two hundred dollars cash and am still waiting for it to be returned. Their policy is to send a check in the mail. I have spoken with hotel reps and accountants on FOUR occasions. Every time, they say my check is in the mail. Today, I called and they claimed the check would be sent out today.

I enjoyed my stay, but this hassle to have my two hundred dollars returned is ludicrous.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Florianopolis, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I was in the Le Meridien Chambers-Minneapolis from July 24 to 28th, 2011. The hotel is very nice but there was one big problem.
) My reservation was made and payed by internet in the site www.getaroom.com. They billed me in my credit card, right away, USD 787,92.
2) When I arrived at the hotel, July, 24, 16:20 afternoon, I was billed by Le Meridien USD 100.00. I questioned that, and the attendant told me that that was going to be returned to me when I would leave the hotel. I did not understand why this bill, since I already had payed for the four days. May be it is for guaranteeing possible extras? (not trusting the guest??)
3) But what was really amazing happened at the check out. It is obvious, it is common, that the guest needs a written receipt from who provided the service (the Le Meredien in this case). Everyone travelling while working needs a receipt to show their employer, for accounting purposes. I argued that with the attendant, but it seemed to me that he was not understanding. It seems that Le Meredien do not use to give you a fiscal receipt.
4) But what let me really confused with the system adopted by Le Meredien, was that, after a long argumentation, he printed a bill with a total value of USD 449,08, completely different from the value I payed for the 4 days at Le Meredien. I don’t care who Le Meredien authorizes to sell its rooms. The site getaroom for me is merely a reservation site, similar to the hotel reservation services. I don’t care the amount Le Meredien pays for their services. What matters to me is that I payed USD 787,92 for staying 4 days at Le Meredien and a receipt must be given by Le Meredien. They did not give the receipt with the right amount I payed. I got the card of Mr. Chad Senecal, whose would be responsible for resolving the problem. I wrote a e-message for him, but I did not get the answer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here for a wedding reception. Great location downtown, but that meant $30 hotel valet service to go with it. Room had a good view and feather bed on the mattress. Roof top dancing was truly unique. Doesn't fit the budget very often, but worth it to celebrate with friends.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis? Share your experiences!