“Dinky Town Classic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mesa Pizza by the Slice

Mesa Pizza by the Slice
1323 4th St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414-2028 (University / Dinkytown)
612-436-3001
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Dinky Town Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Mesa is just a classic. Cheap meal, the staff are awesome and the pizza is fantastic! The Mac & Cheese is definitely the classic for U of M students.

Visited October 2014

“Excellent pizza; Quirky variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

Stopped in here on the 19th on my way home from work. They have a wide variety of pizzas, such as Chicken Alfredo Pizza, Southwest Taco Pizza, Mac & Cheese Pizza and a few others. Pretty sure they'll do custom, but I can't recall exactly what the sign said.

The Cheese Pizza and Pepperoni Pizza slices are the cheapest @ $3.25 each, while the others are $3.75 each. The slices are quite big - probably from a 16 inch pizza - and they are thin crust with a minimal amount of edge crust (which I like).

I had a slice of Southwest Taco Pizza and a slice of Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza. The sausage was cut into large squares, but otherwise wasn't anything special. The Pepperoni & Sausage was good, but the sausage really didn't have any flavor. The Southwest Taco Pizza was drizzled with cheese sauce, had onions, nicely seasoned ground beef, a little medium salsa, and other toppings you would typically find in a taco. This slice was far and away the better of the two and I highly recommend trying it.

My two slices and a can of soda came to $8 and change. Definitely worth it and I will absolutely return. If the Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza had been better, I would have rated this five stars.

Morris, Illinois
“The variety is a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

So this is how it works - they lay out a variety of different types of pizzas for you to choose from, and I do mean a variety - at any given time there are at least a dozen to choose from. You pick your slice, they pop it in the oven for a couple of minutes, and you have hot, great, custom slices for a few dollars.

I would make a recommendation, but I there are enough choices that you can find something you like. The only advice I will give is to skip the plain pizza - this a great, low-risk way to try something new.

Visited September 2014
“Great variety and quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I needed to grab a late lunch, and pizza always works for me. Even at 2 pm, Mesa had a large variety of pizza slices to choose from ranging from standard to innovative/unusual. I went with a boring choice of pepperoni and mushroom. The mushrooms were fresh, not canned, and cut thick so the you really got the mushroom flavor.

Visited May 2014
Bemidji
“A very nice slice! Mashed Potatos? Yup!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Where do you go when you have a hankering for a mashed potato pizza? Now wait, I know what you're thinking, mashed potato pizza? Really? Yes, really! Try a slice of the Southern Gentlemen and you will become a fan like me! This pie stars Cajun chicken, mashed potatoes, bacon, I saw that eye roll, and cheddar cheese. I would never have ordered a whole pie; however, by the slice it was worth a try and I am glad I did.

We found this nondescript typical college pizza joint by accident on a Sunday stroll in Dinkytown. There are only a couple of tables if you choose to munch your slice there, but I suspect their business is mostly takeout. I did see several full pies go out the door while we ate. Although I didn't count the pies on their line, I guess there must have been about a dozen pizzas to choose your slice from. Full pie or slice; totally worth a try!

• Visited September 2013