“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Change

Sea Change
806 Second Street Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415 (Downtown)
(612) 225-6499
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Change is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 1,404 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Chicago Ave.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had only been to Sea Change once before for drinks and appetizers, and while I went in expecting it to be good, my expectations were well exceeded. This time six of us went for dinner on a Saturday night. We really had an exceptional experience. We each thoroughly enjoyed our meals and had a great time with our server Rob who was a unique blend of witty, funny, and sarcastic. For our group, he was a hit. While the food is on the pricey side, the wine prices are very fair and the list very good. The ambience of the restaurant is also great. Overall, Sea Change was a great time and I can't wait to go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul
“The perfect start to a perfect evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We decided to eat at the Sea Change before going to a play. I am from the east coast, and very picky about my sea food. I rarely order seafood so far from the ocean. This place serves great, and very fresh fish and seafood. We started with the Manilla clams. They were wonderful as was the sauce they were cooked in. It was perfect for dipping the bread into. I had the cucumber crusted scallops. What a great blending of flavors, and the scallops were tender and perfectly cooked. My husband had the Halibut. His was also perfect. We were going to share our dishes but we both loved what we chose and neither wanted to share. The service was great and wait staff attentive without being overbearing. Great night

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Every plate is like a work of art...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife says that the seafood dishes were designed visually with the ocean in mind. Garnishes and accents that seem a little like sand or plant life. The Ahi Tuna app just melted in your mouth. The scallops were exactly how Matt our server described and more. We went as part of our 8th anniversary. We were greeted warmly upon arrival and our anniversary acknowledged. We were seated at a nice table with a view of the bridge. They also brought us a mini slider to commemorate the occasion. The perfect touch.

The duck was perfect however I did not like the dark spread that came with it. For me it just wasn't my cup of tea.

The desserts were the perfect cap to a perfect meal. It certainly met and exceeded our expectations and made our anniversary one to remember. If you are going to see a play at the Guthrie as we did, this is the most enjoyable way to start your evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Smyrna, Georgia, United States
“Great Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had some great fish and oysters at this restaurant located in the theatre building. My entree was Halibut with oxtails and I would give it 6 stars if I could.

Visited August 2013
“Nice to have dinner at the theater but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is fairly striking in design and it leads you to believe the food will be something special. Which it is not. The entrees look good from a distance but the burger was raw and tasteless and the fries were from a bag. I had heard that the chef tries to use local ingredients but the bartender and waitress knew nothing about it. And the service was a bit apathetic - odd for Minneapolis. I later saw a great performance at the Guthrie so all was well; still I hope the restaurant undergoes a sea change for the better soon. Until then find another pretheater eatery - maybe Luna Pizza?

• Visited July 2013